Michael Greco (actor)
Michael Greco (born 12 November 1970) is a British actor and poker player. He is best known for his role as Beppe di Marco in the BBC soap opera EastEnders, which he played for four years between 1998 and 2002.
|Born||12 November 1970|
Sutton, Surrey, England
Greco became widely known for his role as Beppe Di Marco in the soap opera EastEnders, joining the show in 1998. His character was developed as part of the show's introduction of the Di Marco family, the majority of whom featured until all characters with the exception of Beppe and his son Joe were axed from the show in the year 2000. Greco continued to feature among various storylines until his departure in 2002. The Sunday Mirror reported he was sacked from the show after voicing his displeasure with his character’s storylines and alleged jealousy of other actor’s scripts. Greco profusely denied the speculation and stated he had resigned from the show solely due to no longer wanting celebrity status and still holds on the show in high regard. He also stated he would happily consider a return to the show if offered.
Greco appeared in Celebrity Love Island in 2005. He was a contestant on ITV's Soapstar Superstar in January 2006, and played in the Rest of the World team versus Prestonpans in the Soccer Aid match in 2006. Greco was the voiceover person on the TV documentary show America's Hardest Bounty Hunters, on the Australian pay-TV Crime and Investigation channel (FOXTEL). In May 2017, Greco played a police officer in British medical drama series Casualty.
Greco is a keen poker player.
Greco made the Grand Final of the 2006 Showbiz Poker event. He finished second when his K♦ Q♦ made two pair on the 8♦ Q♥ K♠ flop, but the 4♥ 10♣ that followed allowed Norman Pace to complete his straight from his A♦ J♣ hole cards. He also finished second to Pace in the semi-final round and in the celebrity heat of the PartyPoker.com World Open.
European Poker Tour Cashes
- Season 2 – Dublin - €4,000 buy in - 7th Place (from 248 players) - winning €39,800
- 2007 – $2,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em - 30th Place - winning $14,350
- 2008 – $2,000 buy-in Pot-Limit Hold'em - 9th Place - winning $22,972
- 2009 – $1,500 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em - 3rd Place - winning $248,555
- 2009 Main Event – $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em - 170th Place (from 6496 players) - winning $36,626
His total live tournament winnings exceed $680,000.
- "Eastenders: 29 January 1998". BBC programme catalogue. Archived from the original on 7 July 2012. Retrieved 21 October 2007.
- "Eastend of the road for stars". Daily Record. Retrieved 21 October 2007.
- Hyland, Ian (17 February 2002). "Interview Michael Greco: I'm gutted at being axed". Sunday Mirror. Retrieved 21 October 2007.
- Hyland, Ian (21 April 2002). "Ian Hyland's TV Week: Well Ruff". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- MASTERS, SAMANTHA (11 October 2018). "EastEnders cast: Is this the REAL reason Beppe star Michael Greco left BBC soap?". Daily Express. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- CORKERY, CLAIRE (10 December 2016). "EastEnders: Beppe back? Michael Greco eyes return to Albert Square". Daily Express. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- "First look at Michael Greco on Casualty". RadioTimes. 17 May 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- Michael Greco World Series of Poker
- Michael Greco Hendon Mob Poker Database