This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- The Return of Wealth: A Study of Poverty and the Poor in the Islamic Near East, 600-1100. In preparation.
- Les Origines du jihâd. Paris: Les Éditions du Téraèdre, forthcoming .
- Islam, Democracy and the State in Algeria: Lessons for the Western Mediterranean and Beyond. Co-edited with Mark Tessler and Megan Reif. A special issue of Journal of North African Studies, and a volume published by Frank Cass (London). Forthcoming .
- "Arab-Byzantine Relations". Vol. 8 of The Formation of the Classical Islamic World, under general editorship of Lawrence I. Conrad. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate/Variorum, forthcoming .
- Poverty and Charity in Middle Eastern Contexts. Co-edited with Amy Singer and Mine Ener. Forthcoming with SUNY Press, 2003.
- Aristocratic Violence and Holy War: Studies on the Jihad and the Arab-Byzantine Frontier. New Haven: American Oriental Society Monograph Series, 1996.