|Alma mater||Hobart College, University of Wisconsin–Madison|
|Institutions||University College London|
Since 2012, Berkowitz has been editor of Jewish Historical Studies: Transactions of the Jewish Historical Society of England. Berkowitz has a particular interest in the history of the Jewish involvement in photography.
- Jews and Photography in Britain (University of Texas Press, 2015)
- The Crime of My Very Existence: Nazism and the Myth of Jewish Criminality (University of California Press, 2007)
- The Jewish Self-Image: American and British Perspectives, 1881-1939 (Reaktion Press, 2000) [US edition: The Jewish Self Image in the West (New York University Press, 2000)
- Western Jewry and the Zionist Project, 1914-1933 (Cambridge University Press, 1997, 2002)
- Zionist Culture and West European Jewry before the First World War (Cambridge University Press, 1993 and University of North Carolina Press, 1996).
- University, Harvard (16 August 2018). "Michael Berkowitz - Center for European Studies at Harvard University". Center for European Studies at Harvard University. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Iris View Profile". iris.ucl.ac.uk. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- Staff (ndg). "Fellow Dr. Michael Berkowitz". United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- UCL. "Prof Michael Berkowitz". UCL Hebrew & Jewish Studies. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "How Jews shot their way into Britain's photographic memory". timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 16 August 2018.