Mia Abagale Tallarico (born December 22, 1978), better known as Mia Tyler, is an American actress, model, author, visual artist, media personality, socialite, fashion designer, talent manager and music promoter.
Mia Abagale Tallarico
December 22, 1978
|Residence||New York City, New York|
(m. 2002; div. 2005)
|Relatives||Liv Tyler (paternal half-sister)|
Early life, family background and educationEdit
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2016)
Mia is the daughter of rock singer Steven Tyler of the band Aerosmith and actress Cyrinda Foxe. She was born at Alice Peck Day Hospital in Lebanon, New Hampshire and raised nearby, primarily by Lake Sunapee. She is the paternal half-sister of actress Liv Tyler (whose mother is model and singer Bebe Buell). In 1979, Steven Tyler wrote a song titled after Mia, which was released on the Aerosmith album Night in the Ruts.
At age 17, Tyler appeared as a VJ on the MTV show House of Style. Primarily a plus size fashion model, she has been represented by the modeling agency Wilhelmina Models. She has appeared in such elite magazines as Seventeen, Teen, Teen People, Mode, Us, Jump, YM, Moxie Girl, Vogue and on the cover of Flare. She modeled for H&M, MXM, Pennington's and Lane Bryant. She has also appeared on the runways of New York and Paris.
In 2005 Tyler was a member of the VH1 reality show Celebrity Fit Club, and featured in Really Rich Real Estate, also on VH1, in 2006. In March 2009, Tyler was a judge on Pretty Wicked, a reality show that airs on the Oxygen network.
She held art shows at various galleries, featuring her X-rated, adult-theme paintings, in 2012.
Tyler along with Steven both appeared in the Season 13 episode of Hell's Kitchen as chef's table guests in the red kitchen.
In 2002, Tyler married ex-Papa Roach drummer Dave Buckner; the two were divorced in 2005. She was also engaged to guitarist Brian Harrah, but the couple broke up. She lived for many years in Sacramento, CaliforniaAs of 2014, she resides in New York City. Mia became a mother on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 to a son named Axton Joseph, who weighed 7 lbs., 11 oz. He was born at 5:45 a.m. and is the son of her boyfriend Dan Halen. She announced the birth on Instagram. She is heavily tattooed with tattoos on her throat, face, hands, knuckles, chest, stomach, legs and full or partial arm sleeves. 
- Tyler, Mia (2008-08-26). Creating Myself: How I Learned That Beauty Comes in All Shapes, Sizes, and Packages, Including Me. p. 22. ISBN 9781416558620.
- "Mia Tyler". unionleader.com. February 22, 2013. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "The Mia Tyler Picture Pages". Superiorpics.com. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Mia Tyler Starts a Revolution : Five Favorite Things – Plus Size Clothing". Plusshe.com. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- Real, Evan (April 6, 2016). "Mia Tyler Thinks It's a 'Travesty' That 'Manufactured Celebrities' Are Role Models". Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "Celebrity Fit Club". VH1.com. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Really Rich Real Estate". VH1.com. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Meet Judge Mia Tyler Of The Pretty Wicked TV Show, Series - Read About Pretty Wicked Judge Mia Tyler In Her Bio & Profile". Oxygen.com. 2009-03-06. Archived from the original on 2009-04-11. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Mia Tyler - Photos, Bio and News for Mia Tyler". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Behind the glamour of a rock family - Biography and memoirs". MSNBC.com. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Mia Tyler Creating Myself!". lalate.com. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Lambert Fine Arts". Retrieved 2019-05-27.
- "Model Mia Tyler Splits from Husband - Divorced". People.com. 2005-07-20. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Mia Tyler and drummer Dave Buckner split". UPI.com. United Press International. 2005-07-22. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- Gold, Jessica (2008-08-12). "Model Mia Tyler Breaks Off Her Engagement - Breakups". People.com. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- Serpe, Gina (2008-08-18). "Mia Tyler Disengages From Fiancé". UK.Eonline.com. Archived from the original on November 18, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Lovely Liv Tyler". Retrieved May 27, 2019.
- Adams, Cindy (June 12, 2014). "Mia Tyler says she was born into the right world at the right time'". Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- Juneau, Jen (May 10, 2017). https://people.com/parents/mia-tyler-welcomes-son-axton-joseph/. Retrieved June 1, 2017. Missing or empty
- "Mia Tyler Instagram page". Retrieved May 27, 2019.