Mexico City Mexico Temple
|Mexico City Mexico Temple|
Mexico City Mexico Temple
|Dedicated||2 December 1983 by |
Gordon B. Hinckley
|Site||7 acres (2.8 hectares)|
|Floor area||116,642 sq ft (10,836 m2)|
|Height||152 ft (46 m)|
|Preceded by||Papeete Tahiti Temple|
|Followed by||Boise Idaho Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
It is located in the north-eastern part of the Mexican capital, Mexico City. The architecture is influenced by the Mayan Revival style, and includes both Aztec and Mayan elements. It is the largest temple outside the United States.
The Mexico City Temple was announced on April 3, 1976, and dedicated on December 2, 1983 by Gordon B. Hinckley. The temple was built on a 7-acre (28,000 m2) plot, has 4 ordinance rooms and 11 sealing rooms, and has a total floor area of 116,642 square feet (10,836.4 m2). It was the first of thirteen Latter-day Saint temples built in Mexico.
The temple closed March 30, 2007 for renovations that were expected to take up to 14 months. Renovations were completed and the church conducted guided tours of the temple from October 20 through November 8, 2008. Thomas S. Monson rededicated the temple on Sunday, November 16, 2008. The temple was again closed for renovations in early 2014. A public open house was held from Friday, 14 August 2015, through Saturday, 5 September 2015, excluding Sundays. The temple was rededicated on Sunday, September 13, 2015 by Henry B. Eyring.
- Ted E. Brewerton, a former temple president
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Mexico
- After being closed again for renovation in 2014, a rededication took place on Sunday, 13 September 2015.
- Mexico City Mexico Temple, LDSChurchTemples.com, retrieved 2012-10-07
- "México City México Temple", churchofjesuschrist.org, LDS Church, retrieved 2012-10-07
- "Mexico City Temple Opens Its Doors to the Public", Newsroom (News Story), LDS Church, 2008-10-16, retrieved 2012-10-07
- "Late 2015 Opening for New Temples", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2015-03-13
- "Mexico City Temple Is Rededicated", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2015-09-13
- The thirteenth, the Tijuana Mexico Temple was scheduled to be dedicated on December 13, 2015.
- Stack, Peggy Fletcher. "Live frugally, Mormons urged", The Salt Lake Tribune, 4 April 2009. Retrieved on 27 March 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mexico City Mexico Temple.|