Metrorail KwaZulu-Natal is a network of commuter rail services in and around the city of Durban in KwaZulu-Natal province, South Africa. It is operated by Metrorail, a division of the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA).
|Transit type||Commuter rail|
|Number of lines||7|
|Headquarters||65 Masabalala Yengwa Avenue, Durban 4000|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
Services are provided by electric multiple units of Class 5M2 and Class 10M. Most services pass through the two main stations in central Durban, Berea Road and Durban Station, except for those that operate from southern parts of Durban to Wests station on the Bluff.
- The South Coast Line operates along the Indian Ocean coastline from Kelso through Scottburgh, Umkomaas, Amanzimtoti and Isipingo to central Durban.
- The Bluff Line operates from Wests station, along the Bluff to three different destinations: central Durban, Umlazi, and Chatsworth.
- The New Main Line operates from Cato Ridge through Mariannhill to central Durban.
- The Old Main Line operates from Pinetown through Queensburgh to central Durban.
- The North Coast Line operates the coastline from Stanger through Tongaat, Verulam and Durban North to central Durban.
- The KwaMashu-Umlazi Line operates from KwaMashu through central Durban to Umlazi.
- The Chatsworth Line operates from Chatsworth to central Durban.