This article does not cite any sources. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Metropolitan Filmexport is a French film distribution company founded by brothers Samuel and Victor Hadida, along with their father David, in 1978. It distributes films in France, alongside Entertainment One in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Spain and the Benelux countries and FilmNation Entertainment worldwide. The logo features a Pegasus behind an eclipsed sun.
|Film distribution in France|
|Industry||Distribution in France|
|Headquarters||29 Rue Galilée 75116 Paris, France|
|Products||Film distribution in France|
Metropolitan Filmexport currently distributes or has distributed all or some of the following companies' films:
Current distribution dealsEdit
- STX Entertainment/STXfilms
- Lionsgate Films/Summit Entertainment/Overture Films
- Annapurna Pictures
- Lantern Entertainment
- Amblin Partners
- Bleecker Street
Former distribution dealsEdit
- New Line Cinema – Warner Bros. took direct control in 2008.
- Open Road Films – merged with IM Global to form Global Road Entertainment in 2018.
- Relativity Media/Rogue Pictures – went bankrupt as a mini-major in 2015.
- DreamWorks – retired as a distributor in 2005 and then became a banner of Amblin Partners in 2015.
- Broad Green Pictures – Shut down its production unit in 2017 and then shut down completely in 2018.
- CBS Films – Lionsgate took over distribution in 2015.
- United International Pictures (Paramount Pictures/Universal Pictures/Focus Features) – Stopped French distribution in 2007 as part of its effort to reduce International operations. Paramount and Universal distribute in France because of this move.
- Picturehouse – Part of New Line Cinema and shut down by Warner Bros. in 2008.
- The Weinstein Co. – plagued by the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
- 20th Century Fox/Fox Searchlight Pictures – Formed a joint venture with UGC named UGC Fox Distribution in 1995, which disestablished a decade later.
- Sony (Columbia Pictures/TriStar Pictures/Screen Gems/Stage 6 Films/Triumph Films/Destination Films) – Formed a joint venture with Gaumont Film Company for French distribution named Gaumont Columbia Tristar Films in 2004. The joint venture disestablished three years later.
- Samuel Goldwyn Films
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists/Orion Pictures
- Hipes, Patrick (November 27, 2018). "Samuel Hadida Dies: French Distributor And Producer Of 'Resident Evil' & 'True Romance' Was 64". Deadline. Retrieved March 14, 2019.