Metropolis (architecture magazine)
Metropolis is an architecture and design-focused magazine published ten times per year. It has over 50,000 print subscribers and its website receives approximately 85,000 unique visitors every month. Metropolis is based in New York and has been published since 1981. In 2019, Metropolis was acquired by Sandow Media. The magazine's motto is Design At All Scales.
|Editor in Chief||Avinash Rajagopal |
|Categories||Architecture and Design|
|Frequency||10 issues per year|
|Publisher||Eugenie Cowan Havemeyer |
|Founder||Horace Havemeyer III|
|Based in||New York City|
Metropolis focuses on a wide range of topics ranging from hospitality and workplace interiors to urban planning and design history. In addition to its regular print issues, it publishes a variety of supplements such as the 72-page booklet that accompanied the Frank Lloyd Wright 150th Anniversary edition of July-August 2017. Metropolis also regularly publishes its Metropolis Living supplement, which focuses on high-rise residential and mixed-use developments in North American cities, and Specify, which focuses on workplace, wellness, and commercial spaces.
The magazine was nominated for 2007 and 2008 National Magazine Awards in the 100,000-and-under circulation category for General Excellence. In 2017, Susan S. Szenasy, who led the publication as editor-in-chief from 1986 to 2017, was awarded the Cooper–Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum's Director's Award.
- "Metropolis Magazine Announces Changes to the Executive Team", Business Wire, 07-27-2017.
- "Metropolis About Page".
- Robert Lee Brewer (September 2, 2011). 2012 Writer's Market Deluxe Edition. Writer's Digest Books. p. 443. ISBN 978-1-59963-227-8. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "Sandow Acquires Metropolis Magazine". Folio. 2019-11-20. Retrieved 2019-11-29.
- "Frank Lloyd Wright 150th METROPOLIS Magazine | Shop FLW". shop.franklloydwright.org. Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- "2017 National Design Award Winners | Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum". Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum. 2017-05-04. Retrieved 2017-12-26.