Metro Herald was the title of a free daily commuter newspaper in Dublin, Ireland. It was formed in 2010 following the merger of the two previously competing publications, Metro Ireland and Herald AM, to create a profit for their respective backers, including Independent News & Media, Daily Mail and General Trust, and The Irish Times.
The Irish Times
|Sister newspapers||The Irish Times|
Irish Daily Mail
The newspaper ceased publication on 19 December 2014. 13 jobs were lost. The company said that the newspaper had become "unsustainable".
- Luft, Oliver (2009-07-02). "Rival Dublin freesheets Herald AM and Metro Ireland to merge". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "'Metro' and 'Herald AM' to merge". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Dublin freesheet papers to merge". RTE.ie. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "INM, Daily Mail to merge rival Dublin newspapers - Independent.ie". Independent.ie. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- Metro Herald - How it all started Archived 2011-09-19 at the Wayback Machine
- "13 jobs to go with Metro Herald closure". RTE.ie. Retrieved 2016-06-20.