Metro Buenavista is a station on the Mexico City Metro, in the Colonia Buenavista neighborhood of the Cuauhtémoc borough. It is the southwestern terminal station of Line B (the green-on-silver line, Buenavista-Ciudad Azteca). It also offers connections to the Insurgentes Metrobús bus rapid transit line. In 2019, the station had an average ridership of 66,804 passengers per day, making it the tenth busiest station in the network.
|STC rapid transit|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||15 December 1999|
Name and pictogramEdit
The station logo represents the front of an ALCO type diesel locomotive. Its name comes from the nearby Estación Buenavista (Buenavista station) main line railway station, which closed its doors to passenger traffic in 1999, but then reopened for the new Tren Suburbano in 2008. The metro station was opened on 15 December 1999.
Near Metro Buenavista is the central administrative building of the Cuauhtémoc borough local government, the library Biblioteca Vasconcelos, and on Saturday mornings only the Tianguis Cultural del Chopo, a flea market dedicated to youth culture (mostly music), and Forum Buenavista shopping mall.
As of 2020, Metro Buenavista offers connections with the Ferrocarril Suburbano, a commuter rail that has Cuautitlán in the State of Mexico as final destination. Also, users can connect with Lines 1, 3 and 4 of the Metrobús, a bus rapid transit network.
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2018" (in Spanish). Sistema Transporte Colectivo Metro. 2019. Archived from the original on 6 June 2019. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "Buenavista" (in Spanish). Metro CDMX. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- Archambault, Richard. "Buenavista » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Estaciones de mayor afluencia 2019" (in Spanish). Metro CDMX. Retrieved 29 March 2020.
- Moreno, Sergio (29 November 2019). "Estación Buenavista, el legado historico del ferrocarril en México". Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- "Un éxito, el inicio de la operación comercial del Tren Suburbano" (in Spanish). Ferrocarril Suburbano de la Zona Metropolitana del Valle de México. 3 June 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert (ed.). "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- "Delegación Cuauhtémoc" (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Biblioteca Vasconcelos" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2 July 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Hernández Chelico, Javier (4 October 2005). "EN EL CHOPO". La Jornada (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 15 September 2011. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "El Chopo: Mexico City’s goth/metal/ska/punk mercado! – Midwesterner in Mexico". Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Mendoza, Frida. "El hundimiento en Buenavista que no ha resuelto el Metro" (in Spanish). La Silla Rota.
- "L1: mapas de barrio" (in Spanish). Metrobús. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buenavista (station).|