Metinvest Group is a vertically integrated group of steel and mining companies that manages every link of the value chain, from mining and processing iron ore and coal to making and selling semi-finished and finished steel products. It was established on 6 June 2006 by the SCM Holdings It controls 50% of the iron ore market, 46% of the baking coal market and 40% of the metal products market in domestic market.
|Private corporation (subsidiary of SCM Group)|
|Industry||mining and metals|
|Founded||June 6, 2006|
|Yuriy Ryzhenkov (CEO)|
|Products||iron ore concentrate and pellets, steel plate, HRC, CRC, long products, track materials, tubular products|
|Owner||SCM Holdings (71.25%)|
Smart Group (23.75%)
|Subsidiaries||~25 companies (see article)|
By a number of indicators, Metinvest is the largest private company of Ukraine, and it occupies the 13th place among the largest companies in Central and Eastern Europe - Deloitte TOP-500 by results of 2015.
Metinvest is the largest in Ukraine and one of the largest CIS producers of iron ore raw materials and steel. Metinvest is in the top 50 largest steel companies in the world according to the World Steel Association. Metinvest's crude steel production capacity is 15 Mtonnes per year.
The major shareholders of Metinvest Group are SCM Holdings, controlled by Rinat Akhmetov, (71,24%), Smart Holding Group (23.76%) and Clarandale Limited (5%). Starting from 2013 Yuriy Ryzhenkov has been Metinvest's General Director and Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of Executive Committee.
In 2019, Metinvest Group has officially announced it has bought up to 24.99% stake in Donetsksteel’s coking coal producers for about $190 million. Metinvest buys 24.99% stake in Donetsksteel’s coking coal producers for $190 mln. They are located on the border of Dnipropetrovsk and Donetsk regions, close to Metinvest enterprises. The assets are registered in accordance with Ukrainian law and none is located in the non-controlled territories of Ukraine.
Metinvest comprises located in Ukraine, Europe, the USA:
- Northern Iron Ore Enrichment Works, Ukraine
- Central Iron Ore Enrichment Works, Ukraine
- Ingulets Iron Ore Enrichment Works, Ukraine
- Krasnodon Coal, Ukraine
- United Coal Company, United States
- Komsomolskoye mine administration, Ukraine
- Azovstal iron and steel works, Ukraine
- Illich Steel and Iron Works, Ukraine
- Yenakiyeve Iron and Steel Works, Ukraine
- Khartsyzsk pipe, Ukraine
- Promet Steel AD, Bulgaria
- Ferriera Valsider, Italy
- Metinvest Trametal, Italy
- Spartan UK, UK
- Avdiivka Coke and Chemicals Plant
- SMA "INCOR & CO", Ukraine
- Metinvest-SMC, LLC (Service Metal Centres)
Key operational dataEdit
|Products (000 metric tonnes)||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016|
|Iron ore concentrate||30,648||35,726||35,741||35,741||36,926||34,888||32,208||29,640|
|Coking coal concentrate||4,734||5,144||5,653||5,653||5,513||4,098||3,285||3,051|
* - For comparability of production numbers of hot metal and crude steel at Ilyich Steel in 2010 was accounted for the entire year.
** - The total volume of semi-finished products excludes those rerolled at Group’s plants. These volumes are eliminated as intercompany sales for purposes of Metinvest’s consolidated results.
- "History of Metinvest". Steelonthenet.com. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- Colossi With Feet of Clay, The Ukrainian Week (22 February 2013)
- "Рейтинг "Делойт": ТОП-500 "Нова ера цифрової трансформації"". «Делойт» в Україні (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- "Top steel-producing companies | worldsteel". www.worldsteel.org. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- Novinsky wins by-election to Rada in Sevastopol, according to CEC, Interfax-Ukraine (8 July 2013)
- "Metinvest buys 24.99% stake in Donetsksteel's coking coal producers for $190 mln". inventure.com.ua. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "МЕТИНВЕСТ :: Ингулецкий ГОК". Ingok.metinvestholding.com. 6 November 2005. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- ОАО «Краснодонуголь». "ПАО "Краснодонуголь"". Krasnodoncoal.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "МЕТИНВЕСТ :: Металлургический комбинат "Азовсталь"". Azovstal.metinvestholding.com. 6 November 2005. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "AZOVSTAL (AZST:Ukraine): Stock Quote & Company Profile – BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Metinvest International SA (6 February 2009). "Metinvest International SA. Metinvest global steel sales. Press centre. News . Yenakiieve Steel Introduces New Steel Grades". Metinvest-international.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "METINVEST :: Yenakiieve Iron and Steel Works". Emz.metinvestholding.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Metinvest :: Khartsyzsk Pipe Plant". Pipe.metinvestholding.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Frontier market companies profiles, company related news, reports, analysis and related data". Frontiersinsight.com. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Promet Steel JSC". LinkedIn. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130504090352/http://valsider.metinvestholding.com/en. Archived from the original on May 4, 2013. Retrieved August 13, 2013. Missing or empty
- "METINVEST :: Metinvest Trametal SpA". Trametal.it. 6 November 2005. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "МЕТИНВЕСТ :: Авдеевский коксохимический завод". Akhz.metinvestholding.com. 6 November 2005. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Skif Shipping Ltd". Skif-shipping.dn.ua. Archived from the original on 1 August 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "METINVEST :: Investors :: Key operational data". www.metinvestholding.com. Retrieved 2017-03-10.