|Look up Meteor, meteor, or meteor. in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A meteor or "shooting star" is the visible streak of light from a heated and glowing object falling through the Earth's atmosphere.
- A meteoroid is a small rocky or metallic body travelling through outer space.
- A meteorite is a solid piece of debris from such a body which survives its passage through the Earth's atmosphere, and falls to the Earth's surface.
Meteor may also refer to:
Astronomy and space explorationEdit
Science and technologyEdit
- Meteor (weather), any weather phenomenon, as studied in meteorology
- METeOR, an Australian information repository
- Meteor goldfish, a variety of goldfish having no tail fin
- METEOR (Metric for Evaluation of Translation with Explicit ORdering), a metric for the evaluation of machine translation output
- Météor, a codename for the Paris Métro Line 14
- Meteor (automobile), a brand of car from Ford Motor Company of Canada (1949–1976)
- Ford Meteor, a car model, available 1981–1995
- Mercury Meteor, a car in North America, 1961–1963
- Meteor (St. Louis-San Francisco Railway), a named passenger train
- Silver Meteor, an Amtrak train service
- Meteor, a South Devon Railway Comet class 4-4-0ST steam locomotive
- Meteor (1986), a German research vessel
- Meteor (1915), a German survey vessel
- Meteor, German Kaiser Wilhelm II's yacht, the former Thistle, which was sold in 1895 to the German Navy to be used as a school yacht and renamed Comet
- USS Meteor, several U.S. Navy ships
- HMS Meteor, several ships of the Royal Navy
- SMS Meteor, several ships of the Imperial German Navy
- SS Meteor, several steamships
Entertainment & ArtsEdit
- Meteor Music Awards, Ireland's national music awards, also known as "The Meteors"
- Meteor (film), a 1979 science-fiction film
- Meteor (TV miniseries), a 2009 disaster-science fiction two-part TV mini-series starring Billy Campbell and Marla Sokoloff
- Meteor Records, an American record label
- The Meteors, English psychobilly band formed in 1980
- Kamen Rider Meteor, a fictional character in the Japanese television series Kamen Rider Fourze
- Meteor, a powerful magic spell in the video game Final Fantasy VII
- Meteor, a 1929 play by S. N. Behrman
- Meteor, a science fiction short story by John Wyndham in the collection The Seeds of Time
- Meteor (horse), a racing horse
- The Meteor hammer, a Chinese martial arts weapon or dance prop
- Gloster Meteor, the first British jet fighter and the Allies' first operational jet (1943–1970s)
- Rolls-Royce Meteor, a tank engine version of the Rolls-Royce Merlin
- MBDA Meteor, a next-generation beyond visual range air-to-air missile
- BSA Meteor Air Rifle, a Birmingham Small Arms Company-manufactured air rifle
- Meteor (juggling), a juggling prop
- Meteorite (disambiguation)
- Meteorology, the interdisciplinary scientific study of the atmosphere
- Meteora (disambiguation)
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Meteor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.