This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2016)
Metalworks Studios is a music recording studio in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It was established in 1978 by Gil Moore of the Canadian rock group Triumph. Over a span of 40 years, Metalworks is the 17 time recipient of Canadian Music Week's 'Studio of the Year'. Since 1978 Metalworks Studios, has expanded into a six studio facility offering in-house tracking, mixing and mastering, as well as video editing and DVD authoring.
In 2004, Metalworks Studios launched an adjacent educational facility; Metalworks Institute.
Metalworks has a total of six studios, including four with live rooms for in-house recording and mixing, a mastering suite, and a sixth facility dedicated to video editing.
Studio 1: Record/Mix NeveEdit
The control room in Studio 1 features a vintage 32x8x32 Neve 8036 console that was re-engineered by Stuart Taylor and Dave Dickson. The tracking room features a 1,200-square-foot (110 m2) solid maple studio floor, combined with a high ceiling surrounded by wood and stone walls.
Studio 2: Record/Mix SSL G+Edit
The control room in Studio 2 features an 80-input Solid State Logic 4080 G+ console with Ultimation and Total Recall. The adjacent 280-square-foot (26 m2) tracking room features an oak floor and high ceiling. Studio 2 also includes a private lounge.
Studio 3: Record/Mix SSL 4040Edit
The control room in Studio 3 features the Solid State Logic 4040 G/E console. The adjoining ISO-Booth is designed for instrumental overdubs as well as voice work, and the studio includes a modern lounge featuring a skylight.
Studio 4: Video/DVD/Blu-rayEdit
Studio 4 is a video editing and DVD/Blu-ray authoring facility specializing in visual production, motion and still menu design, interactive features, post-production, audio/video encoding, and authoring.
Studio 5: MasteringEdit
Studio 5 is a mastering suite featuring: Steinberg WaveLab, Pro Tools HD3, Manley, Avalon, Apogee, Studer A820 1/2" Tape Machine, Weiss, TC System 6000, Waves, Mark Levinson, Duntech, and more. Online mastering services are also provided by this facility.
Studio 6: Record/Mix 5.1 SSL JEdit
The control room in Studio 6 features an 80 input Solid State Logic 9080 J console with Ultimation, Total Recall & SL959 5.1 Surround Matrix. This large-scale mixing facility is capable of recording and mixing in 5.1 with a Pro Tools 10 HD3 accel system. A 9 ft film screen and Sony video monitors are available for DVD and Film/TV applications, and the room is Dolby authorized. The adjacent 550-square-foot (51 m2) tracking room features a stone fireplace and high ceiling, and is surrounded by an oak paneled private lounge and billiard area.
The recording studios at Metalworks provide tracking, mixing, digital editing, audio post-production, and CD mastering capabilities. Video editing and DVD/Blu-ray authoring services are also made available by a dedicated video editing facility in Studio 4. Metalworks Production Group, a sister company of Metalworks Studios, also provides in-house event options within several of the studios allowing for video, lighting, and staging system services for live events and recordings.
- Christina Aguilera
- Mohsen Chavoshi
- Doug and the Slugs
- Kobra and the Lotus
- The Bachman-Cummings Band
- Barenaked Ladies
- John River
- David Bowie
- Dolores O'Riordan
- The Cranberries
- Tom Cochrane
- Burton Cummings
- Fair to Midland
- Nelly Furtado
- Guns N' Roses
- Katy Perry
- Demi Lovato
- Kim Mitchell
- Anne Murray
- The Next Star
- 'N Sync
- Our Lady Peace
- Platinum Blonde
- Protest The Hero
- Serial Joe
- Ashlee Simpson
- Sum 41
- The Tea Party
- Tina Turner
- David Usher
- Kate Voegele
- Chance the Rapper
- 2014 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2013 SME Excellence Award – Ontario Business Achievement Awards (OBAA)
- 2013 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2012 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2011 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2009 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2008 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2007 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2006 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2005 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2004 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2003 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2002 Mississauga Board of Trade, Business and the Arts Award in recognition of ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Arts Community of Mississauga’
- 2002 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2001 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2000 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 1999 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 1998 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
Gold and platinum awardsEdit
|CRIA Awards||Units Sold|
|RIAA Awards||Units Sold|
Metalworks Institute is a registered private career college and the sister company of Metalworks Studios and Metalworks Production Group. Metalworks Institute offers diploma programs in: Audio Production and Engineering, Entertainment Business Management, Show Production and Event Management and Music Performance and Technology (Drums & Percussion, Bass Guitar, Guitar, Keyboard and Vocals.
Metalworks Institute is an official Digidesign pro school.
- Clay, Chris. "Four inducted to Music Walk of Fame". City of Mississauga. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "2015 CMW Music & Broadcast Award Past Winners". Canadian Music Week. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "Canadian Music Week". Canadian Music Week. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "2015 CMW Music & Broadcast Award Winners". FYI Music News. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Metalworks Studios Overview" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 1" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 2" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 3" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 4" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 5" Metalworks Studios.
- "Online Mastering" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 6" Metalworks Studios.
- Services" Metalworks Studios.
- "Metalworks Group wins SME Excellence Award at the Ontario Business Achievement Awards" Music Canada
- "Will Metalworks strike the right chord at the OBAAs" Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- "Mississauga Board of Trade". Metalworks Studios. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- Media related to Metalworks Studios at Wikimedia Commons