Merinda Park railway station
Merinda Park railway station is a railway station on the South Gippsland line in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The station is located on the suburb boundary of Cranbourne North and Lyndhurst. It opened on 24 March 1995 as part of the electrification of the line to Cranbourne.
|PTV commuter rail station|
Cranbourne North, Victoria 3977
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||42.35 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (side)(Under Construction)|
|Tracks||2 (Under Construction)|
|Train operators||Metro Trains|
|Connections||Bus route 799|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||24 March 1995|
|Electrified||1500 V DC overhead|
Flashing lights were provided at the nearby Thompsons Road level crossing in 1977. Boom barriers were provided with the electrification of the line to Cranbourne in 1995. The level crossing was removed on 25 June 2018 as part of a general upgrade of Thompsons Road.
In December 2019, plans were announced to completely rebuild the station as part of Cranbourne line duplication. A second platform will be added and the main entrance will be moved to a more central location. The new station opened on the 18th of March 2021.
Platforms & servicesEdit
- Unbuilt, no services until Cranbourne line duplication is complete by early 2023
- "Train Station Patronage FY2008-2014". Public Transport Victoria. 14 May 2015. Archived from the original (XLS) on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2016. (access from  Archived 3 November 2016 at the Wayback Machine)
- Merinda Park Vicsig
- Fiddian, Marc (1997). Trains, Tracks, Travellers: A history of the Victorian Railways. South Eastern Independent Newspapers. p. 154. ISBN 1-875475-12-5.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. August 1977. p. 183.
- "Hello new Thompsons Road bridge, goodbye level crossing | Level Crossing Removal Authority". levelcrossings.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- Authority, Major Road Projects (1 January 2003). "Thompsons Road Upgrade". roadprojects.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "Cranbourne Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "799 Merinda Park Station - The Avenue Village SC". Public Transport Victoria.