Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
The hospital was established in the 1980s. In 1999 Memorial Hermann acquired the hospital.
In 1999 Memorial Hermann Hospital purchased a plot of land from HCA Inc. and established the Katy Hospital there. The hospital, licensed for 118 beds, was on Pin Oak Road in Katy, west of Katy Mills Mall. The hospital there had 100,000 square feet (9,300 m2) of space. In 2005 the hospital system put the ex-HCA land and the campus on it for sale. A daylong move to the new $98 million facility occurred on Saturday December 9, 2006. The current hospital has about 300,000 square feet (28,000 m2) of space.
In October 2013 the hospital held a groundbreaking for a 100,000-square-foot (9,300 m2) patient tower. Construction of the facility, with an estimated cost of $70 million begin in early 2014, and began accommodating patients in January 2016. It has increased the hospital's bed count from 144 to over 200. The new tower has a larger ICU and IMU, new laboratory facilities, has increased the number of surgical suits, a Level III NICU, a new cardiac catheterization lab, additional office space as well as room for approximately 80 more patient care rooms.
Professional building 2 was constructed in 2014/15 and was completed in the fall of 2015.
- Home page. Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital. Retrieved on October 29, 2013. "23900 Katy Fwy Katy, TX 77494"
- "Memorial Hermann Katy breaks ground for patient tower." Katy Times. Friday October 4, 2013. Retrieved on October 29, 2013.
- Azevedo, Mary Ann. "Memorial Hermann to sell two campuses." Houston Business Journal. July 3, 2005. Retrieved on October 29, 2013.
- "Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital." () Memorial Hermann Healthcare System. June 9, 2002. Retrieved on October 29, 2013. "Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital 5602 Medical Center Drive Katy, Texas 77494"
- Viren, Sarah. "Memorial Hermann Katy relocates to larger facility." Houston Chronicle. December 10, 2006. Retrieved on October 29, 2013.