Members of the 33rd Dáil
This is a list of the members who were elected to the 33rd Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Oireachtas (legislature) of Ireland. These TDs (members of parliament) were elected at the 2020 general election on 8 February. The general election took place throughout the state to elect 159 of the 160 members of Dáil Éireann, an increase of 2. This follows the passing of the Electoral (Amendment) (Dáil Constituencies) Act 2017. The remaining seat was taken by the outgoing Ceann Comhairle, who was returned automatically.
|33rd Dáil Éireann|
|Meeting place||Leinster House|
|Term||20 February 2020 –|
|Election||2020 general election|
|Ceann Comhairle||Seán Ó Fearghaíl|
|Taoiseach||Leo Varadkar (acting)|
|Leader of the Opposition||TBD|
The 33rd Dáil convened for the first time on 20 February 2020. The first order of business was to elect a new Ceann Comhairle, which saw incumbent Seán Ó Fearghaíl re-elected as Ceann Comhairle.
Composition of the 33rd DáilEdit
|2020 general election|
|Solidarity–People Before Profit||5|
|Independents 4 Change||1|
The Ceann Comhairle is automatically returned unless he states his intention to retire before the Dáil is dissolved. The incumbent, Seán Ó Fearghaíl, did not retire, and is a member of the 33rd Dáil.
List of TDsEdit
The list is given in alphabetical order by constituency. Party affiliations are given as they were at the time of election.
- Elected for the first time at the 2020 general election.
- Member of the 25th Seanad at time of election.
- Seán Ó Fearghaíl was returned automatically without standing for election. In accordance with Article 16.6 of the Constitution of Ireland, the outgoing Ceann Comhairle is deemed to be automatically returned
- "General Election to take place in February after Dáil dissolved". RTÉ News. 14 January 2020.
- "Full house: Here are your 160 TDs elected in the 2020 general election". The Journal. 11 February 2020. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- "The 33rd Dáil is meeting today for the first time - here's how it will play out". The Journal. 20 February 2020. Retrieved 20 February 2020.
- Cox, Aengus (11 February 2020). "The 33rd Dáil - out with the old and in with the new" – via www.rte.ie. Cite journal requires
- Connor, Dyane (11 February 2020). "Slight increase in number of female TDs elected" – via www.rte.ie. Cite journal requires
- "Electoral Act, 1992 sec.36: Re-election of outgoing Chairman of Dáil". Irish Statute Book. Government of Ireland. 5 November 1992. Retrieved 10 December 2010.