Melville College FP
|Full name||Melville College Former Pupils Rugby Football Club|
The club was originally known as Edinburgh Institution F.P.. However the Edinburgh Institute college, that the rugby union club was based on, moved its premises and was renamed Melville College in 1936.
Similarly the Edinburgh Institution F.P. club was renamed on the move. The Melville College Former Pupils rugby football club thus began in 1936.
Notable former playersEdit
The following former Melville College FP players have represented Edinburgh District at provincial level.
- Peebles Sevens
- Champions (2): 1940, 1965
- Edinburgh Borderers Sevens
- Champions: 1973
- Macsporran, Socrates (8 June 2018). "Aristotle Armstrong - Scottish Rugby Philosopher: A History Lesson As I Look At How We Got Here with Stupid-6".
- "Rugby following in football's footsteps". www.scotsman.com.
- "Contenders limber up to be SRU president". www.scotsman.com.