Melissa Jean Smidt
July 9, 1982
|Other names||Melissa Lincoln, Melissa Midwest|
Harrington created the "Melissa Midwest" amateur pornographic website "just for fun" at the age of 21. Within three years, the site had achieved a dominant position in the genre. After the success of her own website, Melissa launched a contest to help find a similar girl that she could help make successful. This contest led her to meet Adrienne, and together, they created a successful website around her, SweetAdri. Melissa also started an online store, a personal appearance service.
In January 2007, Harrington sued the city of Lincoln, Nebraska seeking $75,000 in damages with claims that Lincoln police had been harassing her by following her to her public appearances. She further claimed that the city has been actively discouraging local businesses from hiring her.
Forced sex act controversyEdit
In October 2006, Harrington was named as a co-defendant in a lawsuit by Hope Miller, a porn model also known as "Brooke Skye", in which Miller alleges that while performing on a radio program together, Harrington penetrated her with an oversized strap-on dildo against her will, at the demand of host, Bubba the Love Sponge Clem. Miller voluntarily dismissed Melissa Harrington from all lawsuits she had filed against her.
- "Naked in Nebraska" Archived February 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine, The Lycos 50. January 2004. Retrieved 2/20/08.
- "FOX NEWS STORY ON MELISSA MIDWEST GETTING ARRESTED" Retrieved 2/20/08.
- "Woman ticket for appearing naked on Internet", CNN. December 30, 2003. Retrieved 2/20/08.
- Naked Lincolnite, USA Today. December 29, 2003. Retrieved 2/20/08.
- "'Melissa Midwest': Officers are hindering my work", Lincoln Journal-Star. January 9, 2007. Retrieved 2/20/08.
- "'Melissa' sued over sex act claim", Lincoln Journal-Star. October 11, 2006. Retrieved 2/20/08.
- Brooke Skye Dismisses Melissa Midwest From Lawsuit. AVN Media Network. Retrieved 5/10/08.