|Born||10 July 1979|
|Genres||21st-century classical music, Contemporary classical music, Persian symphonic music, Experimental music, Electroacoustic music|
Hosseini was born in Tehran, Iran, and received his master's degree and Doctor of Music degree (DMA) in Composition from Saint Petersburg State Conservatory, named after N. A. Rimsky-Korsakov. His major teachers include  Farhad Fakhreddini, Prof. Alexander Minatsakanian, Prof. Nigel Osborne and Prof. Sergei Slonimsky in composition, and Professor Tatiana Bershadskaya in Musicology. His early musical experiences included from 1998–2001, where he studying music theory, Persian music and composition with Farhad Fakhreddini  in Tehran. Hosseini then entered the Saint Petersburg State Conservatory in 2001 where he under the guidance of Prof. Tatiana Bershadskaya studied musicology and composition with Prof. Mnatsakanian and continued postgraduate course with the composer Sergei Slonimsky. Mehdi Hosseini completed a composition course from the University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna in 2007 during the summer courses at Mürzzuschlag, Austria where he studied with Nigel Osborne.
Hosseini’s compositions  include works for large orchestra, chamber orchestra, and various ensembles and has been performed and recorded by orchestras and ensembles such as the St. Petersburg State Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, the Saint Petersburg Academic Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra of the Opera and Ballet Theatre of the St. Petersburg State Conservatory, North-Ossetian State Symphony Orchestra, Ensemble intercontemporain, Namascae, Lemanic Modern Ensemble, PluralEnsemble, Ensemble Proton Bern, Studio for New Music Ensemble, Moscow Contemporary Music Ensemble, GAMEnsemble and more. His works have been published by the Compozitor Publishing House (Russia), and Donemus (Netherlands).
In the last few years, He was the focus of attention in Russia as a composer. and his works are performed during such festivals as St. Petersburg Musical Spring, Contemporary East and West, Contemporary Past, A Reverse Perspective, Trajectories of Petersburg Avant-Garde, Sound Ways, Moscow Autumn, Moscow Actual Music Festival “Another Space” and others. His music is played in Mariinsky Theatre, Saint Petersburg and Moscow Conservatories, Saint Petersburg and Moscow Philharmonics.
Mehdi Hosseini made an invaluable contribution to the development of the St. Petersburg cultural scene  in 2011  when he opened the Saint Petersburg Contemporary Music Center “reMusik.org” and in 2013, he founded the St. Petersburg International New Music Festival.
- Symphony of Monody (2005);
- Concerto for String Quartet and Chamber Orchestra (2008)
- The Baluch (2009), for alto flute, contrabassoon, horn, xylophone, violin and cello
- Peshtpa (2009), for oboe, Bass clarinet and violoncello
- Taleshi Hava (2010), for solo violin and bassoon
- An Unfinished Draft (2010), for flute, clarinet, piano, violin, violoncello and baritone
- Pause (2010), for flute, clarinet, piano, violin, violoncello and tubular bells
- Monodies (2011), for flute, clarinet, piano, violin and violoncello
- Hesar (2013), for symphony orchestra
- Abkenari (2013), for flute, clarinet, violin and cello
- Sarbang (2014), for flute, oboe, clarinet (Bb), trombone, piano, percussions, violin, viola and cello
- Marsiehâ-ye Khâk (2014), for Symphony Orchestra
- Inertia (2014), for clarinet/bass clarinet, piano, violin and cello
- Sârukhâni (2016), for ensemble
- Best Classical Album of the Year (2013), From Iranian House of Music
- Tehran Times Art Desk: "Persian composer Hosseini to perform Baluchi concerto in Russia." Tehran Times. Jun 8, 2009.
- "Works of Iranian composer to echo in St. Petersburg." Archived 2013-02-17 at the Wayback Machine IRIB - English Radio. April 5, 2010.
- Mehr News.
- "Russia to Present Piece by Iranian Composer." Jame Jam, April 5, 2010.
- Irandaily | No. 3647 | Art & Culture | Page 12 "Mehdi Hosseini will be presented during two performances in St. Petersburg in April and May." Iran Daily. April 6, 2010.
- Payvand Iran News
- http://www.persianweekly.co.uk | No. 142 | Culture | Page 7 Persian Weekly.
- Газета "Коммерсантъ С-Петербург", №115 (4415), 30.06.2010. Kommersant Newspaper, Jun 2010.
- Art-Modern FOUNDATION.
- II International Music festival “Contemporary Past”. American Music, a XX Century. 23-27 Jun, Saint Petersburg.
- "Kurdish work of Persian composer presented in Russia." Payvand Iran News. October 10, 2009.
- "Iranian Composer Mehdi Hosseini's Pause at Sound Ways festival.". October 10, 2009.
- "Contemporary music is a genre that has been lost to the average Russian listener..." The St. Petersburg Times. May 23, 2012.
- "VI Санкт-Петербургский международный фестиваль новой музыки reMusik.org" Коммерсантъ. 29 апреля 2019.
- " Mehdi Hosseini's "Monodies" in concert Post Scriptum" Payvand Iran News. February 23, 2012.
- "City Alive with the Sound of reMusik.org" The St. Petersburg Times. May 22, 2013 (Issue # 1760)
- Mehdi Hosseini official site (monodies.com)
- Interview with Mehdi Hosseini, The St.Petersburg Times August 15, 2012 (Issue # 1722).
- Interview with Mehdi Hosseini, Epoch Times - New York 2009
- Compozitor Publishing House - Russia
- Donemus Publishing - Netherlands