This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Megan Rochell is an American contemporary R&B singer, who was formerly signed to Def Jam Records. After parting ways with the label, she signed a production deal with producer Rodney Jerkins of Darkchild productions. Rochell also inked a publishing deal with EMI/Blackwood publishing within the same time frame.
|Birth name||Megan Rochell Nieves|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Labels||Def Jam Records|
(2005 — 2007)
Darkchild Productions/EMI Blackwood Publishing(2008-2010)
At the age of 11, Rochell was a five-time winner on Showtime at the Apollo. Several years later, she met Philadelphia International's Leon Huff and started working on her recording career. One day outside of Philadelphia International, she met Boyz II Men's Nathan Morris and sang for him which prompted Morris to sign her to his management company. Then Rochell secured herself a deal with Def Jam Records.
Rochell's debut album, You, Me and the Radio, featured collaborations from Rodney Jerkins, Ne-Yo, Fabolous, the Underdogs, and Stargate. The album was scheduled for released on June 20, 2006, but was never released. However, the project leaked in full online shortly after the project's shelving via the promotional CD. The following year, she collaborated with rapper Peedi on the single "Take Me Home."
In 2015, her digital single "Hell Nah" was released on December 28, 2015. It was later re-released on February 4, 2016 through different label distribution.
In 2016, Rochell released a new single called "I'm Busy!" on digital services. Later that year, she self-released her debut album digitally onto sites such as Apple Music, Spotify and Amazon Music with a slightly altered tracklist and various bonus tracks not originally available on the original album. It received a limited vinyl release in 2018.
In 2017, she released her first EP, Insight independently and discussed she was working on a girls-only mixtape. Additionally, she spent some time as a songwriter for other artists such as Kehlani, K. Michelle and Keyshia Cole.
In late 2018, she released two digital singles "X" and "Because of Love" ahead of her new EP New Wave Music, which was released on November 22.
- 2006: You, Me and the Radio
- 2008: Vibe Love Party
- 2017: Insight
- 2018: New Wave Music
|U.S. R&B||Rhythmic Top 40|
|2006||"The One You Need" (feat. Fabolous)||42||—||You, Me and the Radio|
|"Take Me Home" (with Peedi)||—||—||non-album track|
|2009||"We're Gonna Make It" (with Skinny & Scales)||—||—|
|"Because of Love"||—||—|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-12. Retrieved 2011-05-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Megan Rochell : Vibe Love Party". Myspace.com. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Hell Nah - Single by Megan Rochell". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "You, Me and the Radio by Megan Rochell". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Megan Rochell - You, Me & The Radio". Discogs. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Reintroducing Megan Rochell: 'The One You Need' Singer Talks Comeback". Ratedrnb.com. 15 March 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "New Wave Music EP : Megan Rochell". amazon.com. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "The One You Need" (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart), Billboard, July 15, 2006.
- "Floating" (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart), Billboard, October 14, 2006.
- "Let Go" (Rhythmic Top 40 chart), Billboard, February 24, 2007.