Me Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy
Mi Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy (English: "I am Shivajiraje Bhosale Speaking") is a Marathi film released in 2009. The movie is produced by Sanjay Chhabria along with Ashwami Manjrekar and directed by Santosh Ramdas Manjrekar. The film follows an underdog who fights against the evil in society, to re-instate his identity and keep his pride.
|Me Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy|
|Directed by||Santosh Ramdas Manjrekar|
|Produced by||Sanjay Chhabria|
|Written by||Abhijeet Deshpande|
|Music by||Ajit, Sameer and Atul|
|Distributed by||Everest Entertainment|
|Box office||₹25.5 crore (US$3.6 million)|
Dinkar Maruti Bhosale represents thousands of 'Marathis' who feel they have lost their identity in the cosmopolitan Mumbai. Dinkar feels Mumbai is in Maharashtra but there is no Maharashtra left in Mumbai. He always complains about the lack of respect a Marathi receives in Mumbai and feels he is victimized everywhere because he is a Marathi; little realizing that he himself has brought this situation upon himself.
In a state of sheer frustration Dinkar gets up one day cursing himself for being born a Marathi. He feels his ancestors must have committed a heinous crime for him to be born a Marathi.
These outbursts of Dinkar reach Pratapgad and the spirit of Chhatrapati Shivaji is aroused. Dinkar has to now face a seething Shivaji, who is furious at him. Shivaji fires Dinkar for his shallow thinking and tells him he has to command respect, not demand it. He blames Dinkar's thinking for the sorry state of Marathis. "Before blaming other communities for your short comings, look within and see if you have done anything to keep the Marathi pride intact," he roars.
Dinkar realizes his mistake but does Shivaji's thought arouse him to rectify his mistakes? The film ends with Bhonsle gladly returning the sword at the shrine of Shivaji.
- Mahesh Manjrekar as Chhatrapati Shivaji
- Sachin Khedekar as Dinkar Bhosale
- Makarand Anaspure as Raiba
- Siddarth Jadhav as Usman Parker
- Suchitra Bandekar as Sumitra Bhosale
- Priya Bapat as Shashikala Bhosale
- Abhijeet Kelkar as Rahul Bhosale
- Vineet Kumar Singh as Dubey tenant to Dinkar Bhosale and Taxi Driver
- Kishore Pradhan as V. GopalKrishnan Branch Manager
- Vidyadhar Joshi as Ramniklal Gosalia
- Meghana Erande as Press/Tv Reporter
- Kamlesh Sawant as ACP Rege
- Reema Lagoo as Jijabai
- Atul Kale as Gidwani/Gaikwad, Film Director
- Jayant Wadkar as Goon of Gosalia
- Ganesh Yadav as Nandkumar Chandekar
- Dhananjay Mandrekar as Kadam BMC Inspection Officer
- Pradeep Patwardhan as BMC Head Officer
- Sanjay Khapre as Hiroji (Hiroji Indulkar) (Guest Role)
- Bharat Dabholkar as Afzal Khan (general) - Special appearance in Powada Song
- Bharat Jadhav- as Powada presenter - Special appearance as Powada presenter
- Ankush Chaudhari- Special appearance in song "Masoli"
|1.||"O raje"||Sukhwinder Singh||4:20|
|3.||"Maharastra Geet"||Ajit Parab||3:55|
|4.||"Maharajanchi Keerti Befaam (Powada)"||Nandesh Umap||8:34|
Me Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy was a huge blockbuster at the box office. It collected a total of ₹25.5 crore (US$3.6 million) in its full theatrical run. It held the record of highest-grossing movie for many years until the release of Duniyadari which broke its record by collecting ₹29 crore (US$4.1 million) at the box office.
The film was remade in Bengali as Ami Shubhash Bolchi (2011), directed by the original film's lead actor Mahesh Manjrekar with Mithun Chakraborty and Anindya Banerjee. But the film's main character was replaced and slightly changed with environment.
- "Why Bollywood is jumping on the Marathi cinema bandwagon". 24 August 2014.
- "Dance numbers bring out the best in me: Sukhwinder Singh". Hindustan Times. 2 June 2018.
- "Mi Shivaji Raje Bhosale Boltoy -- Film Review | Hollywood Reporter". www.hollywoodreporter.com.
- "Me Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy: Movie Review (Marathi) - Times of India". The Times of India.