McDonald Avenue is a north-south street in Brooklyn, New York City. The avenue runs about 4.5 miles (7.2 km) between the intersection of 86th Street and Shell Road in Gravesend, north to 20th Street and 10th Avenue in Windsor Terrace. It runs underneath the New York City Subway's IND Culver Line (F and <F> trains) for most of its length.
It passes near densely populated areas, cemeteries, and funeral homes, as well as a commercial corridor. In particular, the intersection with Bay Parkway is surrounded by cemeteries on three corners, including Washington Cemetery.
On March 14, 1933, the Board of Aldermen (today's City Council) passed a resolution changing the name of Gravesend Avenue to McDonald Avenue. This resolution did not pass without opposition. The Gravesend Chamber of Commerce believed that re-naming Gravesend Avenue erased an important link to Brooklyn's past.
- Google (March 27, 2019). "Directions from 20th St & 10th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215, to 86th St & McDonald Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11223" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- "When Things Fall From Above". The New York Times. July 25, 2007.
..., and I was crossing McDonald Ave under the elevated F train tracks in Brooklyn. I was on my way to ...
- "Deaths". The New York Times. July 25, 1964.
sorrowfully record ... at Pitta Funeral Home, 300 McDonald Ave.
- "Deaths". The New York Times. September 2, 1977. p. 33.
His was a record of ... 12 noon, Washington Cemetery, Bay Parkway and McDonald Ave
- "Officials cite 43 food outlets". NYTimes.com. March 15, 1987.
... Luncheonette Coffee Shop, 95 ... (McDonald Ave.)
- "NYC's Zoning & Land Use Map". nyc.gov. Retrieved November 17, 2018.
|This article relating to roads and streets in New York City is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|