McCracken County Public Schools
The district serves all of McCracken County except for most of the area within the city limits of Paducah, which is served by its own independent school district. However, portions of the city, especially in the west, lie within the McCracken County district, and feed either Heath or Lone Oak Middle School. There are currently eleven schools that make up the MCPS district.
On August 9, 2013, a new McCracken County High School opened, combining the three previous high schools. Lone Oak Middle School moved into the former Lone Oak High building. The previous Lone Oak Middle building became Lone Oak Intermediate School, serving 4th and 5th grade students who had in the past attended Lone Oak and Hendron–Lone Oak Elementary Schools.
High schools (grades 9 to 12)Edit
Middle schools (grades 6 to 8)Edit
Through the 2011–12 school year, each of these schools fed exclusively to the high school that shared its name. Since 2012–13, they feed McCracken County High.
Primary schools (grades K to 5)Edit
Schools here are listed by the middle schools that they feed.
- Lone Oak Intermediate School (grades 4–5)
- Hendron Lone Oak Elementary School (K–3)
- Lone Oak Elementary School (K–3)
- "Home Archived 2011-01-24 at the Wayback Machine." McCracken County Public Schools. Retrieved on October 17, 2010. "435 Berger Rd Paducah, KY 42003."
- "City of Paducah Map." City of Paducah. Retrieved on October 17, 2010.
- "Hendron CDP, Kentucky[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on October 17, 2010.