Maya Indea Jama (born 14 August 1994) is a British television and radio presenter. A current MTV and Channel 4 presenter among other networks, she formerly co-presented Trending Live! on 4Music from 2015 until 2017 and also co-presented Cannonball on ITV in 2017. Jama now presents a BBC Radio 1 show on Fridays and Saturdays 10am - 1pm and co-presented the MTV show True Love or True Lies with Danny Dyer. She also presented the first series of The Circle on Channel 4 with Alice Levine.
Maya Indea Jama
14 August 1994
|Occupation||Television presenter, radio presenter|
Jama has now gone on to co-present Stand Up to Cancer with long standers Alan Carr and Adam Hills. Maya launched her own collection with fashion brand Pretty Little Thing in summer 2018. She is also an ambassador for brands such as Adidas as well as appearing in a global GAP campaign. In 2017, Jama became the youngest ever person to host the MOBO Awards, which she did with fellow presenter Marvin Humes.
Jama was born and raised in Bristol, where she attended Cotham School. She is of Somali descent on her father's side and Swedish descent on her mother's side. She was named after Maya Angelou.
She began her career early, as a teenager. Jama presented the weekly music video countdown on JumpOff.TV in London. She then worked for Sky on TRACE Sports, and was later a weekday DJ on Rinse FM. In August 2014, Jama joined MTV as a presenter for The Wrap Up. Additionally, she hosted Copa90's Maya's FIFA World Cup Cities, a travelogue covering the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. Jama likewise co-hosted the channel's nine-part World Cup Taxi series dedicated to the event.
In spring 2018, she joined the airstaff of BBC Radio 1, presenting Radio 1's Greatest Hits on Saturdays and co-presenting every Friday with Scott Mills and Chris Stark. In October 2018, Maya appeared on the first series of hip hop panel show Don’t Hate The Playaz on ITV 2 as a team captain, presented by Jordan Stephens.
Maya has gone on to become an ambassador for lingerie brand Freya and hosting their podcast, When Life Gives You Melons. She is also an ambassador for Adidas, as well as appearing in a global campaign for GAP. She Hosted her first ever TV show began on MTV this summer True Love or True Lies with Danny Dyer, and The Circle with Alice Levine.
Besides broadcasting, Jama has also done a lot of fashion modeling, and has gone on to launch her own collection with fashion brand Pretty Little Thing in summer 2018. Jama has also dabbled in acting and comedic roles.
In 2018 Maya became an ambassador for Savera UK, Savera UK operates across the United Kingdom to provide services to individuals from Black Minority Ethnic communities who are at risk of domestic abuse. In 2019 she donated blood for an NHS campaign and was found to have the rare and in demand Ro blood subtype. 
|2014-2017||#DriveWithMaya||Presenter||4-7pm Weekdays||Rinse FM|
|2018||Scott Mills||Co-presenter||1-4pm Fridays||BBC Radio 1|
|2018||BBC Radio 1’s Teen Awards 2018||1 episode show|
|2018–||Radio 1's Greatest Hits||Presenter||10-11am Saturdays & Fridays|
|2018–||Maya Jama||11am-1pm Saturdays & Fridays|
|2014||Maya's FIFA World Cup Cities||Presenter||Copa90|
|2015–2017||Trending Live!||Regular presenter||4Music|
|2016||The Hot Desk||1 episode||ITV2|
|2017, 2018||Loose Women||Guest||2 episodes|
|2017||The Weakest Link||Contestant||1 episode||BBC Two|
|MOBO Awards||Co-host||Awards ceremony||Channel 5|
|2018||True Love or True Lies||Presenter||Reality game show||MTV|
|Revolution||Co-presenter||1 series||Sky One|
|2018||The Circle||Reality show||Channel 4|
|Stand Up to Cancer||Beneficial charity show|
- "Meet The Wrap Up's New Presenter: Maya Jama". MTV. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Nothing to Prove". VICE. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Maya Jama on her Cotham School yearbook as teachers say she was destined for stardom". Bristol Post. 24 February 2018. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- Moorhead, Joanna (16 September 2017). "Maya Jama: What made my dad a 'bad' man?". TheGuardian.com. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "Maya's FIFA World Cup™ Cities Archives • Copa90". Copa90.
- "Copa90 Readies FIFA World Cup Programming Slate". Video Ink. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Hyundai offers trip to 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil". Promotional Marketing. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Loose Women - 22/08/2017". Radio Times. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- Gamer, George (23 November 2017). "MOBO Awards 2017 reveal hosts and live performers". Musicweek. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Cannonball". ITV. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Maya Jama's 2018 is looking pretty bright as she lands two jobs with Radio 1". Metro. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "AGIRL: Maya Indea Jama". Brotherhood. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Blood types in the fastest growing demand revealed". NHS Blood Donation.
- "Anne Robinson: Older people need to be 'clever AND thin' to be on TV". BBC. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Lost in TV - REVOLUTION". lostintv.com.