Mermoz in 2018
|Birth name||Maxime Mermoz|
|Date of birth||28 July 1986|
|Place of birth||Épinal, France|
|Height||1.8 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||90 kg (14 st 2 lb; 198 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Mermoz won the 2006 Under 21 Rugby World Championship. He earned his first cap for the senior France national team on 5 July 2008 against Australia. He made his Six Nations Championship debut in the 2009 Six Nations Championship against Scotland. Mermoz scored his first try for France in their 37-17 loss to New Zealand at the 2011 Rugby World Cup, he intercepted a Dan Carter pass close to the half-way line before running clear to score. In May 2013 he was an unused replacement as Toulon won the 2013 Heineken Cup Final by 16–15 against Clermont Auvergne.
In January 2017, he signed a short-term deal for English side, Leicester Tigers as an injury cover for Matt Toomua and Manu Tuilagi who were sidelined for the rest of the season. He made his debut against Gloucester off the bench coming in for Matt Smith in the 51st minute and he scored his first try 30 minutes later.
|1.||24 September 2011||Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand||New Zealand||2011 Rugby World Cup|
|2.||23 June 2012||Estadio Monumental José Fierro, San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina||Argentina||Test Match|
- France U21
- "Maxime Mermoz et Yann David, la jeunesse au centre des attentes". Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- "Maxime Mermoz on L'Équipe". Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- "Rugby World Cup 2011: New Zealand 37-17 France". BBC. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Toulon claim Heineken Cup glory". ESPN. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Top 14, transfert - Toulon : Maxime Mermoz bientôt à Leicester ?". Rugbyrama. 15 January 2017. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Mermoz arrives at Leicester Tigers". leicestertigers.com. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "RUGBY: Gloucester go down to heavy defeat at Leicester". Wilts and Gloucestershire Standard. Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- "Maxime Mermoz signs for Newcastle Falcons". Premiership Rugby. 16 February 2017. Retrieved 2017-02-17.