Maxime Hamou (born 8 June 1995) is a French tennis player. Hamou has a career high ATP singles ranking of 211, achieved in July 2015 and a career high ATP doubles ranking of 744, achieved on 18 July 2016.
|Born||8 June 1995|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Plays||Right-handed (two handed-backhand)|
|Career titles||3 ITF|
|Highest ranking||No. 211 (27 July 2015)|
|Current ranking||No. 287 (29 May 2017)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|French Open||1R (2015, 2017)|
|US Open||Q1 (2015)|
|Career record||0–0 (at ATP Tour level, Grand Slam level, and in Davis Cup)|
|Career titles||1 ITF|
|Highest ranking||No. 744 (18 July 2016)|
|Current ranking||No. 1,248 (29 May 2017)|
|Grand Slam Mixed Doubles results|
|French Open||1R (2015)|
|Last updated on: 29 May 2017.|
Hamou has a career high junior ranking of 8 achieved in 2013.
2017 sexual assault incidentEdit
Hamou qualified to the main draw of the 2017 French Open. After being defeated in straight sets by Pablo Cuevas in the first round, Hamou groped and kissed Eurosport journalist Maly Thomas on live television, despite her clear discomfort. As a result, Hamou was suspended for the rest of the French Open. Maly Thomas later declared that "if they weren't live she would have given him a right hook". Hamou later apologized for his behaviour via his Instagram account the following day. He was excluded though from the 2017 French Open. After this incident Hamou's career was confined mainly to ITF tournaments.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-05-18. Retrieved 2015-05-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Tennis player banned from French Open after sexually harassing female reporter on live TV". 30 May 2017.
- Rémia, Cédric (30 May 2017). "Roland-Garros 2017 : Maly Thomas, la journaliste malmenée par Maxime Hamou, réagit !".
- "Instagram post by Maxime Hamou • May 30, 2017 at 5:18pm UTC". Instagram.
- "Roland-Garros: le tennisman Maxime Hamou exclu pour avoir embrassé de force à l'antenne la journaliste Maly Thomas". lindependant.fr. 30 May 2017.