Max Fernand Leon Poll (21 July 1908 in Ruisbroek – 13 March 1991 in Ukkel) was a Belgian ichthyologist who specialised in the Cichlidae. In the years 1946 and 1947 he organised an expedition to Lake Tanganyika.
He was a member of The Royal Academies for Science and the Arts of Belgium, professor at Université Libre de Bruxelles, and conservator at Musée Royal du Congo Belge in Tervuren. He was an honorary member of the American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists.
Named after him are species and taxa such as:
- Etmopterus polli Bigelow, Schroeder & Springer, 1953,
- Merluccius polli Cadenat, 1950,
- Pollichthys Grey, 1959,
- Polyipnus polli Schultz, 1961,
- The Catfish Microsynodontis polli Lambert, 1958,.
- The Catfish Synodontis polli Gosse, 1982.
- The Lake Malawi Cichlid Placidochromis polli (W. E. Burgess & H. R. Axelrod, 1973)
- ASIH Honorary Foreign Members Archived 2013-01-27 at the Wayback Machine - asih.org
- Biographical Etymology of Marine Organism Names. P - tmbl.gu.se Biographical Etymology of Marine Organism Names. P Archived 2011-07-25 at the Wayback Machine - b-neat.org
- Microsynodontis polli] - scotcat.com
- Synodontis polli - planetcatfish.com