Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, muttar paneer, and mutter paneer, is a modern restaurant-style and vegetarian North Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato-based sauce, spiced with garam masala.
|Alternative names||matar paneer, mutter paneer|
|Place of origin||India|
|Region or state||North India|
|Main ingredients||Paneer, peas, tomato based sauce, garam masala spice mix|
It is often served with rice and an Indian type of bread (naan, paratha, poori, or roti depending on region). Various other ingredients are often added, such as potato (aloo), corn, yogurt or cream.
- Gowardhan, Maunika. "Punjab Matar Paneer | Indian Recipes". Maunika Gowardhan. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Mutter Paneer - The Popular Indian Curry of Peas and Cheese". The Spruce Eats. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Matar paneer recipe | Mutter paneer recipe | How to make matar paneer". Swasthi's Recipes. 26 September 2015. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Jaffrey, Madhur (2016). Tandoori Chicken in Delhi:Partition and the Creation of Indian Food. Knopf Doubleday Publishing. ISBN 9781101972588.
- "How To Make Restaurant-Style Mattar Paneer? Dhaba Restaurant Shares The Recipe". NDTV Food. Retrieved 11 June 2022.
- The World Religions Cookbook - Arno Schmidt, Paul Fieldhouse. p.120.
- Bansal, Priya (8 November 2017). "Health benefits of Matar Paneer". Priya Bansal. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Mattar Paneer - Spiced Peas with Homemade Cheese or Tofu". www.indianasapplepie.com. Retrieved 16 September 2018.