Matt de Boer
|Matt de Boer|
De Boer in June 2017.
|Full name||Matthew de Boer|
|Date of birth||10 March 1990|
|Original team(s)||Claremont (WAFL)|
|Draft||No. 19 2009 rookie draft|
|Height||189 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|Position(s)||Midfielder / forward|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2017–||Greater Western Sydney||48 (26)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of PF 2019.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
After representing Western Australia at the 2008 AFL Under 18 Championships and being named in the under 18 All-Australian team, de Boer was drafted to Fremantle in the 2009 rookie draft with Fremantle's second selection, number 19 overall. After displaying good form during the 2009 pre-season, he was elevated to Fremantle's senior list as a nominated rookie, along with Greg Broughton.
De Boer made his AFL debut for Fremantle in round 6 of the 2009 AFL season at Subiaco Oval in the Western Derby against the West Coast Eagles, as a replacement for the injured Rhys Palmer. He was delisted at the conclusion of the 2016 season, however, he was drafted by Greater Western Sydney in the 2016 AFL draft.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2018 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
|2017||Greater Western Sydney||24||15||8||3||65||142||207||39||70||0.5||0.2||4.3||9.5||13.8||2.6||4.7|
|2018||Greater Western Sydney||24||15||14||6||102||181||283||51||61||0.9||0.4||6.8||12.1||18.9||3.4||4.1|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matt de Boer.|
- Thirty of the best prospects prepare for this Saturday's AFL draft
- AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts; Realfooty
- Washbourne, Michael (16 March 2009); Fremantle promote Greg Broughton and Matt de Boer to senior list; PerthNow
- Fremantle will hand teenager Matt de Boer an AFL debut against West Coast; Fox Sports (Australia); 30 April 2009
- "Experienced midfielder Matt de Boer delisted after 138 games with Fremantle". Perth Now. News Corp Australia. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Matt de Boer's player profile at AFL Tables