Matt de Boer
|Matt de Boer|
De Boer in June 2017.
|Full name||Matthew de Boer|
|Date of birth||10 March 1990|
|Original team(s)||Claremont (WAFL)|
|Draft||No. 19 2009 rookie draft|
|Height||189 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|Position(s)||Midfielder / forward|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2017–||Greater Western Sydney||50 (26)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2019.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
After representing Western Australia at the 2008 AFL Under 18 Championships and being named in the under 18 All-Australian team, de Boer was drafted to Fremantle in the 2009 rookie draft with Fremantle's second selection, number 19 overall. After displaying good form during the 2009 pre-season, he was elevated to Fremantle's senior list as a nominated rookie, along with Greg Broughton.
De Boer made his AFL debut for Fremantle in round 6 of the 2009 AFL season at Subiaco Oval in the Western Derby against the West Coast Eagles, as a replacement for the injured Rhys Palmer. He was delisted at the conclusion of the 2016 season, however, he was drafted by Greater Western Sydney in the 2016 AFL draft.
While at Greater Western Sydney, De Boer earned prominence for his shut-down role on 2017 Brownlow Medallist Dustin Martin, restricting him to only 15 disposals in his side's 49-point win over Richmond in round three of the 2019 AFL season.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2018 season
|Season||Team||No.||Games||Totals||Averages (per game)|
|2017||Greater Western Sydney||24||15||8||3||65||142||207||39||70||0.5||0.2||4.3||9.5||13.8||2.6||4.7|
|2018||Greater Western Sydney||24||15||14||6||102||181||283||51||61||0.9||0.4||6.8||12.1||18.9||3.4||4.1|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matt de Boer.|
- Thirty of the best prospects prepare for this Saturday's AFL draft
- AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts; Realfooty
- Washbourne, Michael (16 March 2009); Fremantle promote Greg Broughton and Matt de Boer to senior list; PerthNow
- Fremantle will hand teenager Matt de Boer an AFL debut against West Coast; Fox Sports (Australia); 30 April 2009
- "Experienced midfielder Matt de Boer delisted after 138 games with Fremantle". Perth Now. News Corp Australia. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Curley, Adam (6 April 2019). "Dimma pleads for Dusty protection after star lashes out". AFL.com.au. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- Matt de Boer's player profile at AFL Tables