Matthew R. "Matt" Walton (born August 24, 1973 in Hampton, New Jersey) is an American stage, film, and television actor.
Walton at the 2018 Montclair Film Festival
Matthew R. Walton
August 24, 1973
Hampton, New Jersey, United States
|Residence||Glen Ridge, New Jersey|
Walton attended Boston Conservatory, where he received a degree as a Musical Theater major and a Directing minor. After graduation he returned to New York City and studied with Wynn Handman, Tony Spiridakis, Stephan Jobes and acting coaches Anthony Abeson, Seth Barrish and Bob Krakower.
His recent performances prior to this included:
Early stage careerEdit
Walton made his New York City debut Off-Broadway starring as Berger in the 30th anniversary production of Hair in 1997, and later reprised the role in Boston and at the Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor, New York.
Television and filmEdit
Walton owns the production company Autumn Sky, which co-produced the movie Montclair, and has several new film and TV projects in development.
Commercial and voice actingEdit
Walton has acted in a number of ad campaigns, notably for Advil Cold and Sinus, Rooms to Go, Lowe's, Barclay's, Speed Stick, Cablevision, Castrol motor oil and Old Navy. He has worked as a voice-over artist in over 100 TV and radio commercials, promos and narrations for The Biography Channel, A&E Network, Bravo, the Travel Channel, Independent Film Channel, and Oxygen. He has also done the narration for a number of audiobooks, including Spider-Man 2, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, and Second Chance.
|2006||Flannel Pajamas||Dr. Butler||Uncredited|
|2007||Holier than Thou||Miles||Short film|
|2007||The Agency||Mark Marley||TV movie|
|2008||Death in Love||Young Father|
|2008||Burn After Reading||Morning Show Host|
|2008||We Pedal Uphill||Anthony|
|2008||Moonlight and Mistletoe||Ben Richards||TV movie|
|2008||Favorite Son||Robert Mason|
|2009||True North||Green||Short film|
|2009||Loving Leah||Carter||TV movie|
|2010||Armless||Dr. Richard Phillips|
|2010||Sim City Mayor||Mayor||CollegeHumor short film|
|2011||The Fall of Dyna-Woman||Dr. Robert Miller||Short film|
|2011||We Are the 1%||Dr. Robert Miller||CollegeHumor short film|
|2012||Mitt Romney Style||Mitt Romney||CollegeHumor short film|
|2014||Wish You Were||Officer Johnson||Short film|
|2014||Beach Pillows||City Dad|
|2014||Charlie||Dr. Phillips||Short film|
|2014||The Sisterhood of Night||Reporter|
|2015||Cry Baby Cry||Short film|
|2016||Money Monster||An Anchorman|
|2016||The Purge: Election Year||Reporter #1|
|2018||The Downside||Larry Melman||Short film|
|2018||How to Train Your Husband or (How to Pick Your Second Husband First)||Jack|
|2005||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jack||Episode: "Starved"|
|2006||All My Children||Terry 'T' McDermott||6 episodes|
|2007||The Bronx Is Burning||Jim McMullen||2 episodes|
|2007-2010||One Life to Live||Elijah Clark/Elijah Kent||138 episodes|
|2008||Cashmere Mafia||Mike||Episode: "Conference Call"|
|2008||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Det. Peary||Episode: "Please Note We Are No Longer Accepting Letters of Recommendation from Henry Kissinger"|
|2008||Guiding Light||Dalton Reid||2 episodes|
|2008||Law & Order||Trooper Thomas Volchek||Episode: "Knock Off"|
|2009||Rescue Me||Harris||Episode: "Perspective"|
|2010||Royal Pains||Dennis "DB" Brown||Episode: "Mano a Mano"|
|2011||Onion SportsDome||Alex Reiser||Series regular|
|2011||Jake and Amir||CollegeHumor CEO Alan Avery||Episode: "Jake and Amir: Fired"|
|2012||Blue Bloods||Kevin Schmidt||Episode: "The Uniform"|
|2012||Jest Originals||Mitt Romney||2 episodes|
|2012||Made in Jersey||Stiles||Episode: "Payday"|
|2013||Think Tank||Brimage||5 episodes|
|2014||Drop Dead Diva||Breakers' Attorney||Episode: "Cheers & Jeers"|
|2014||Person of Interest||Maybank||Episode: "Beta"|
|2015||Devious Maids||Mr. Atwood||Episode: "Cries and Whispers"|
|2014||The Mysteries of Laura||Reporter Store||Episode: "The Mystery of the Sex Scandal"|
|2015||Limitless||Jeffrey Vachs||Episode: "The Legend of Marcos Ramos"|
|2016||Youthful Daze||Drew's Dad, Luke Castle||78 episodes|
|2016||The Good Wife||Ian Gillan||Episode: "Targets"|
|2016||Notorious||Darin Mills||6 episodes|
|2017||The Blacklist: Redemption||Gable Lang||Episode: "Hostages"|
|2002||Asheron's Call 2|
|2003||Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne||Policeman, Cleaner, Commando|
|2007||Manhunt 2||The Watchdogs member|
|2008||Grand Theft Auto IV||The Crowd of Liberty City|
|2018||Red Dead Redemption 2||Albert Mason|
- "Under My Skin".
- "Parfumerie: Theater Review".
- "Adultery as Aperitif, Served by 6 Amateurs and a Pro". The New York Times. 3 July 2013.
- "What's a Cad to Do With Three Fiancées?". The New York Times. 29 January 2012.
- "Theatre Mirror Reviews - "Hair!"".
- "More Than Three Decades Later, 'Hair' Still Lets the Sunshine In". The New York Times. 26 August 2001.
- "A CurtainUp Review, The Tailor-Made Man".
- "Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - The Sweepers - 4/2/02".
- "Big Names Go Musical (What Rhymes With Oedipus?)". The New York Times. 25 November 2003.
- Smith, Kerrie. "Gorilla Man: Puberty Can Be So Unkind".
- "The Framer".
- "Grease (Casa Mañana Production, 2000) - Ovrtur".
- Gore, Scotty (11 June 2009). "Walton Becomes 'One Life's' Newest Leading Man".
- "Burn After Reading". 12 September 2008 – via IMDb.
- "Gigantic". 19 June 2009 – via IMDb.
- "200 American". 10 August 2003 – via IMDb.
- O'Brien, Walter (December 25, 2010). "Matt Walton, a New Jersey native, to co-host Comedy Central Onion sports show". Courier News. Bridgewater Township, NJ. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- Pierce, Scott D. (January 6, 2011). "'The Onion SportsDome' skewers 'SportsCenter'". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- "Montclair". 26 April 2007 – via IMDb.
- "CABLEVISION - Optimum Montage".
- "Matt Walton narrated audio books at Simply Audiobooks - Simply Audiobooks".
- CollegeHumor (8 October 2012). "Mitt Romney Style (Gangnam Style Parody)" – via YouTube.
- Jest Originals