Matthew Richard "Matt" Silverstein (born April 1, 1979) is an American television writer and co-creator with Dave Jeser of Drawn Together. He has also written for other television shows including 3rd Rock from the Sun, The Man Show, Action, Greg the Bunny, Axe Cop, The Goode Family and The Cleveland Show, and also created the MTV animated comedy DJ & the Fro in 2009. He wrote the script in the film Accidental Love.
Matthew Richard Silverstein
April 1, 1979
|Known for||co-creator of Drawn Together|
Silverstein was raised in a Jewish family in Oradell, New Jersey. Silverstein graduated from the Dwight-Englewood School in Englewood, New Jersey which he attended with Jeser. In 2015, Silverstein along with Dave Jeser, developed author Joshua Miller's Golan the Insatiable for television appearing on Fox Television in May 2015. Producers were Jeser, Silverstein, Hend Baghdady and Nick Weidenfeld.
|2010||The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie!||Jew Producer's son||Executive producer, writer|
- Jewish Standard: "‘Drawn Together’ creators, from area, decry anti-Israel accusations" by Josh Lipowsky June 4, 2010
- Kotler, Amit (March 5, 2012). "Interview with Jeser and Silverstein" (in Hebrew). ynet. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- Jewish Journal: "Jews Get Geek on at Comic-Con" by Adam Wills July 22, 2009
- Rohan, Virginia. "Two Jersey guys get it 'Together'", The Record (Bergen County), October 4, 2007. Accessed October 6, 2007. "Comedy writers Matt Silverstein and Dave Jeser met at the Dwight-Englewood School, where a prank, fittingly enough, led them to realize they were kindred creative spirits.... Silverstein, 35, was born and raised in Oradell. New Milford's Jeser, 34, moved to Bergen County at age 10."
- Variety: "‘Golan the Insatiable’ Readies for Fox’s Primetime" by Mannie Holmes May 29, 2015