Matt Reynolds (pitcher)
Matthew Paul Reynolds (born October 2, 1984) is an American former professional baseball pitcher. He played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Colorado Rockies, Arizona Diamondbacks, and San Francisco Giants.
|Born: October 2, 1984|
Saint Charles, Illinois
|August 19, 2010, for the Colorado Rockies|
|Last MLB appearance|
|September 23, 2016, for the San Francisco Giants|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2016 season)
|Earned run average||3.80|
Reynolds was called up to the majors for the first time on August 19, 2010.
He was traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks on November 20, 2012 in exchange for Ryan Wheeler. On June 10, 2013, Reynolds was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left elbow strain. On September 24, Reynolds underwent Tommy John surgery, sidelining him for at least most of 2014. In 30 games in 2013, Reynolds went 0-2 with 5 holds, 2 saves and a 1.98 ERA, striking out 23 in 27.1 innings.
San Francisco GiantsEdit
On June 24, 2016, Reynolds contract was purchased by the San Francisco Giants and he was assigned to their AA level. On July 14, 2016, Reynolds was promoted to the AAA Sacramento River Cats (San Francisco Giants). On July 28, Reynolds was called up from the minors when Josh Osich was placed on the DL.
Return to LancasterEdit
- Former Austin Peay lefty Reynolds called up
- Emerick, Tyler (September 17, 2013). "Reynolds set for Tommy John surgery". Dbacks.com.
- Cotillo, Chris (October 15, 2013). "Diamondbacks avoid arbitration with Matt Reynolds". MLB Daily Dish.
- "Diamondbacks' Matt Reynolds: Released by Diamondbacks". cbssports.com. March 29, 2016. Retrieved March 29, 2016.
- Shea, John. "Giants moves: Joe Panik called up, Josh Osich to DL". SF Gate. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- Eddy, Matt (December 24, 2016). "Minor League Transactions: Dec. 10-22". baseballamerica.com. Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- "Barnstormers Bring Back Reynolds, Sign Waldrop". Lancaster Barnstormers. Retrieved March 19, 2018.