|Full name||Matt Steven Parcell|
|Born||30 October 1992|
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||88 kg (13 st 12 lb)|
As of 15 October 2019
Parcell played his junior rugby league for the Fassifern Bombers, before being signed by the Ipswich Jets. He also attended Mutdapilly State School, and went to Ipswich Grammar School in his high school years.
In 2015, Parcell joined the Brisbane Broncos. In the pre-season, he beat former Bronco Jake Granville's 2.5 kilometre cross country record twice in one hour and then set a new mark for the Broncos' 1.8 kilometre run, while he can also run 40 metres in under five seconds. On 3 May, he played for the Queensland Residents against the New South Wales Residents. In Round 12 of the 2015 NRL season, he made his NRL debut for the Broncos against the Canberra Raiders. On 18 August, he signed a 3-year contract with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles starting in 2016.
Parcell's first competitive showing with the Sea Eagles was during the first day of the 2016 NRL Auckland Nines at Eden Park in New Zealand. He crossed for the winning try for Manly in their opening game against the Broncos, and later replicated the feat by scoring the winning try in their second game against the New Zealand Warriors. In December, he signed a 3-year contract with Super League side Leeds Rhinos, after being released from the final two years of his Sea Eagles contract.
On 26 June 2019, Parcell joined fellow Super League side Hull Kingston Rovers on a deal until the end of the season. Just 24 hours after signing for the Hull Kingston Rovers, Parcell scored the winning try on his debut against cross-city rivals Hull F.C., the Hull Kingston Rovers won the match 18-10.
On 15 October 2019, Hull Kingston Rovers turned the end of the season loan deal into a one year contract.
- "Matt Steven Parcell". Companies House. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- "Parcell set to return to Jets | Ipswich Queensland Times". qt.com.au. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "Matt Parcell - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Matt Parcell: Hull KR sign Leeds Rhinos hooker on one-year contract". BBC Sport. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "Matt Purcell Has Emerged as a Serious Contender for the Broncos No.14 Jersey". couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "Young Jets on course to top | Ipswich Queensland Times". qt.com.au. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Published by John Dean (26 April 2015). "2015 QLD RESIDENTS TEAM NAMED". Rugby League Week. Archived from the original on 26 March 2016. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "Late Mail - Raiders v Broncos - Broncos". broncos.com.au. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "Manly make Wright move with Tom | NRL". Zero Tackle. Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- 2016 NRL Nines - Manly vs Brisbane highlights
- 2016 NRL Nines - Manly vs Warriors highlights
- SeaEagles.com.au (4 September 2016). "Manly release Matt Parcell to Leeds". Zero Tackle. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Castleford 6-24 Leeds: Grand Final 2017 – as it happened". Guardian. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- "Grand Final 2017: Castleford 6-24 Leeds Rhinos". BBC Sport. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Danny McGuire guides Leeds to Grand Final success over Castleford". Guardian. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matt Parcell.|