Mathias Lessort (born September 29, 1995) is a French professional basketball player for Bayern Munich of the Basketball Bundesliga (BBL) and the EuroLeague. He stands 206 cm (6’9’’) tall and plays power forward and center.
Lessort with Crvena zvezda in 2017
|No. 26 – FC Bayern Munich|
|Born||September 29, 1995|
Fort-de-France, Martinique, France
|Listed height||2.06 m (6 ft 9 in)|
|Listed weight||112 kg (247 lb)|
|NBA draft||2017 / Round: 2 / Pick: 50th overall|
|Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Born in the French overseas department of Martinique, Lessort joined the youth ranks of Élan Chalon in 2010 and won the French national championship with Chalon’s cadet team in 2012 and 2013 and with their development team ("Espoirs") in 2013. He also helped Chalon win the 2013 Trophée du Futur.
Lessort was handed his first professional contract by the club in June 2014 and made his debut in the French top-flight Pro A during the 2014-15 season. Before turning professional, he had considered enrolling at a university in the United States and had been in touch with Gonzaga and North Carolina State.
He saw action in 23 games as a rookie, chipping in with 2.0 points a game, while pulling down 2.0 rebounds per contest. In 2015-16, he logged his first minutes in a European club competition, the FIBA Europe Cup.
In April 2016, he declared for the NBA draft, but later withdrew. On June 1, 2016, he joined JSF Nanterre of the French Pro A on a three-year deal. In April 2017, Lessort won both the French Basketball Cup and the FIBA Europe Cup championships with Nanterre.
Lessort was drafted in the second round as the 50th pick in the 2017 NBA draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. In July 2019, his draft rights were traded to the Los Angeles Clippers as part of a four-team trade.
On August 11, 2017, Lessort signed a three-year deal with the Serbian club Crvena zvezda. He played there only in the 2017–18 season, before signing with Spanish ACB side Unicaja in July 2018.
National team careerEdit
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
His brother Grégory Lessort is also a professional basketball player.
- "Premier contrat pro pour Mathias Lessort et Axel Bouteille". Élan Chalon. Archived from the original on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2016-04-23. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Chalon : Premiers contrats pros pour Lessort et Bouteille". France info (in French). Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Mathias Lessort, basketteur du centre de formation de l'Élan Chalon : " Pour l'équipe de France U-20, ça commence à être d'un niveau au-dessus " - Toute l'actualité de la Martinique sur Internet - FranceAntilles.fr". France-Antilles Martinique. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Mathias Lessort - Chalon/Saône – Joueurs - Pro A – LNB.fr". www.lnb.fr. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Mathias Lessort | FIBA Europe Cup". www.fibaeurope.com. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Mathias Lessort (Chalon) se présentera à la Draft NBA". L'Equipe.fr (in French). Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- Release, Official. "Thirty-three international early-entry candidates withdraw from Draft". NBA.com. Retrieved 2016-11-17.
- "JSF Nanterre - Mathias Lessort, nouvelle recrue de Nanterre 92 !". www.nanterre92.com. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Nanterre continue magical week; hold off Elan Chalon in title-decider". FIBA Europe Cup. 2017-04-25. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "HEAT Acquire Butler And Leonard". NBA.com. July 6, 2019.
the Clippers received...the draft rights to Mathias Lessort from Philadelphia
- "Mathias Lessort is the new Crvena zvezda mts reinforcement". aba-liga.com. August 11, 2017. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- "Zvezda adds young rebounding ace Lessort". www.euroleague.net. 11 August 2017. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- VincentCouty. "Matthias Lessort arrive en Liga Endesa... Destination Unicaja Malaga !!". Inside Basket Europe (in French). Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Tournament Individual Leaders" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Info | Nike Global Challenge". www.nikeglobalchallenge.com. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Mathias Lessort | U20 European Championship Men (2014) | FIBA Europe". www.fibaeurope.com. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Mathias Lessort | U20 Europe Championship Men - Division A". u20men.fibaeurope.com. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Pas d'erreur, c'est Lessort !". www.lnb.fr. Retrieved 2016-04-23.