This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Matheson Bayley (born 15 December 1978) is a British pianist, composer, orchestrator, singer and television host. He was born in Chertsey, Surrey, and studied commercial composition at the Royal Academy of Music, London. Having worked as a musical director of musical theatre in London's West End, and as a composer/arranger for television, he is particularly noted for his album "Native Hue", recorded with Cypriot singer Alex Panayi; and for having presented the Eurovision Song Contest behind-the-scenes documentary, "Magic Moments" in 2006 and 2009.
Bayley has orchestrated for the Mantovani Orchestra; Joy Tobing, the winner of Indonesian Idol 2004, on her debut album, Rise; Giorgos Alkaios' 2012 album, Déjà vu; Rickard Engfors (Swedish tour 2005); arranged the vocals on the 3rd album of Hi-5; as well as having sung on the soundtracks of the Disney films The Wild, Brother Bear 2, Oliver and Company, The Three Caballeros, Saludos Amigos, Leroy and Stitch, Make Mine Music, James and the Giant Peach, Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Fun and Fancy Free, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad, Brother Bear 2, The Fox and the Hound 2, Teacher's Pet, The Book of Pooh, Mickey's House of Villains, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Up, Up, and Away and Melody Time, as well as on the Tim Burton picture, The Nightmare Before Christmas, the PlayStation Video Game The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea, and DreamWorks' Shrek 2 – (Greek dubbed versions).
Bayley also appeared on stage playing cello at the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest during the French performance of Virginie Pouchain ; wrote the lyric to the Interval Act of the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Final, entitled "Swedish Smörgåsbord", with Edward af Sillén and Daniel Réhn; and, with the same team, wrote the lyric for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 Semi-Final 2 Opening Number, "That's Eurovision" (aka "Story of ESC"/"Story of Eurovision"), performed by Petra Mede and Måns Zelmerlöw, for which Bayley was also the recording producer and composer.
- Porée, Kevin (9 Apr 2013). "Joy Tobing featuring in Mantovani concert". Berry Street Studio. Archived from the original on 28 June 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Miles, Jeremy. "The Magic of Mantovani Orchestra". Mantovani Orchestra. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "GIORGOS ALKAIOS – MATIA MOU THLIMMENA – DEJA VU VERSION 2012". topnisite. Archived from the original on 6 July 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Η ΖΟΥΓΚΛΑ". ΕΡΤ: Ελληνική Ραδιοφωνία και Τηλεόραση. Retrieved 27 May 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Dahlander, Gustav (20 May 2013). "Se texten till Swedish Smorgasbord med Petra Mede i Eurovision 2013". Sveriges Television. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Porée, Kevin. "Matheson in Eurovision caper". Berry Street Studio. Archived from the original on 28 June 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Bayley, Matheson. "That's Eurovision". Archived from the original on 2016-05-14. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a British pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a British singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|