Mathematical Sciences Foundation
This article does not cite any sources. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mathematical Sciences Foundation (MSF) was formally registered as a non-profit society in 2002 by Dr. Anil Wilson. It is an institute of education and research, located in Delhi, India. Its goal is the promotion of mathematics and its applications at all levels, from school to college to research.
|Type||Research Institution, Educational Institution|
|Director||Professor Dinesh Singh|
Room XF, St. Stephen's College, Delhi 110007, India,
- Mathematical Finance: A hands-on introduction to modern Finance and the role of mathematics in it.
- Mathematical Simulation with IT: Explores the interaction between Mathematics, Technology, and Education.
Seminars and conferencesEdit
- A Life of Mathematics: An annual programme under which eminent mathematicians reside at St. Stephen's College to interact with students and faculty. Recent visitors under this programme have been Sir Michael Atiyah, M S Narasimhan and Martin Golubitsky (President, SIAM).
- Mathematics in the 20th Century: An international conference held in Delhi in 2006 to commemorate the birth centenary of André Weil.
- MSF Challenge: An annual contest, first held in 2006, to encourage school students to use computers for mathematical problem solving.