Mass (Telugu: మాస్) is a 2004 Indian Telugu-language action film produced by Akkineni Nagarjuna on his home production Annapurna Studios banner, written and directed by debutant Raghava Lawrence. It stars Nagarjuna Akkineni and Jyothika in the lead roles, with the music composed by Devi Sri Prasad. The film released on 23 December 2004. It was later dubbed into Tamil under the title Veeran and in Hindi as Meri Jung: One Man Army in 2005.
|Directed by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Produced by||Akkineni Nagarjuna|
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Story by||Raghava Lawrence|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Cinematography||Shyam K. Naidu|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Box office||₹221 million (US$3.2 million)|
Mass (Nagarjuna Akkineni) is an orphan, who bonds well with his landlord's son Adi (Sunil). He is behind a collegian Anjali (Jyothika), who happens to be the daughter of Vizag city's mafia don Satya (Raghuvaran). This restricts her from falling for him, as it would land him in danger, but she finally gives in after some time. She suggests that he ties the knot immediately before her brother Seshu (Rahul Dev) and Satya try separating them. The gangsters, in the process, kill Adi when he tries to stop them when they try separating the lead pair before their marriage. Mass moves into Vizag and stays in an apartment hiding his identity to take revenge on the mafia dons. Finally, his quest for revenge is completed and he also eliminates the antisocial elements in the society by killing them.
- Akkineni Nagarjuna as Mass/Ganesh
- Jyothika as Anjali
- Charmy Kaur as Priya
- Rahul Dev as Seshu, Anjali's brother
- Raghuvaran as Satya, Anjali's father
- Sunil as Adi, Mass's friend
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam as Adi's father
- Jeeva as Police Officer
- Sameer as Police Officer
- Venu Madhav as Beggar
- Narsing Yadav as Narsing
- Satyam Rajesh
- Karuna as Sirisha
- Apoorva as Priya's mother
- Prakash Raj as Durga Prasad (Guest appearance)
- Ravi Kale as ACP of Vizag (Special appearance)
- Tanu Roy in a special appearance in "Mass" song
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||25 November 2004|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
|1.||"Mass"||Sahithi||Mano, Ravi Varma||4:09|
|2.||"Valu Kalla Vayyari"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Karthik||5:34|
|3.||"Indhurudu Chandurudu"||Sahithi||Ranjith, Kalpana||5:19|
|4.||"Kottu Kottu Kottu"||Sahithi||Tippu, Prasanna||5:22|
|5.||"La La Lahirey"||Viswa||Venu, Sunitha Sarathy||4:34|
|6.||"Natho Vasthava"||Sahithi||Udit Narayan, Sumangali||4:54|
- Film opened with 191 prints and collected a distributors' share of Rs.2 to 3 million in its opening week.
- The film had a 100-day run in 74 centres.
- It collected a share of 104.8 million in just 50 days which was one of the highest collections of those days.
- Dubbed into Tamil as Veeran and Hindi as Meri Jung: One Man Army.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 August 2017. Retrieved 23 January 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)