Masjid Ar-Ribat al-Islami
It is proposed that this article be deleted because of the following concern:
If you can address this concern by improving, copyediting, sourcing, renaming, or merging the page, please edit this page and do so. You may remove this message if you improve the article or otherwise object to deletion for any reason. Although not required, you are encouraged to explain why you object to the deletion, either in your edit summary or on the talk page. If this template is removed, do not replace it.
The article may be deleted if this message remains in place for seven days, i.e., after 05:02, 25 April 2019 (UTC).
Nominator: Please consider notifying the author/project:
|Masjid Ar-Ribat al-Islami|
|Ecclesiastical or organizational status||Mosque|
|Location||7173 Saranac Street, San Diego, California, US|
Two of the hijackers in the September 11 attacks (Nawaf Al-Hazmi and Khalid Almihdhar) regularly attended the mosque in 2000, and Al-Awlaki had many closed-door meetings with them, which led investigators to believe Al-Awlaki knew about the 9/11 attacks in advance.
- "Thornton, Kelly, "Brief N.Y. hearing held for S.D. trio in terrorism case; Release possible after they testify before grand jury," October 3, 2001, accessed December 9, 2009". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. October 3, 2001. Retrieved March 18, 2010.
- Schmidt, Susan; Imam From Va. Mosque Now Thought to Have Aided Al-Qaeda; the Washington Post, February 27, 2008. Retrieved November 20, 2009.
- Thornton, Kelly (July 25, 2003). "Chance to Foil 9/11 Plot Lost Here, Report Finds". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- Sperry, Paul E. (2005). "Infiltration: how Muslim spies and subversives have penetrated Washington". Thomas Nelson Inc., ISBN 1-59555-003-8, ISBN 978-1-59555-003-3. Retrieved December 1, 2009. templatestyles stripmarker in
|work=at position 21 (help)
- Meek, James Gordon, "Fort Hood gunman Nidal Hasan 'is a hero': Imam who preached to 9/11 hijackers in Va. praises attack," New York Daily News, November 9, 2009, accessed November 12, 2009
- "Eckert, Toby, and Stern, Marcus, "9/11 investigators baffled FBI cleared 3 ex-San Diegans", ''The San Diego Union'', September 11, 2003, November 30, 2009". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. September 11, 2003. Retrieved March 18, 2010.