Marymount High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marymount High School is an independent, Catholic, all-girls, college-preparatory high school located in the Holmby Hills/Bel Air neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. It sits across from the University of California, Los Angeles campus at 10643 Sunset Boulevard. The school's main administration building, chapel and auditorium are listed as Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments.
|Marymount High School|
10643 W Sunset Boulevard
|Motto||That all may have life, and have it to the full|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Mother Marie Joseph Butler RSHM|
|Head of school||Jacqueline L. Landry|
|Average class size||14|
|Student to teacher ratio||8:1|
|Color(s)||Blue and white|
|Slogan||Confident Girls. Ethical Leaders. Global Advocates.|
|Athletics||soccer, track and field, cross country, volleyball, rowing, golf, water polo, swimming.|
|Athletics conference||Mission League (CIF)|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Publication||Sunset Magazine (literary and art magazine)|
|Affiliation||Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary|
|Interim Academic Dean||Julie Whittell|
|Dean of Students||Dawn Regan|
|Director of Admission and Enrollment Management||Patti Lemlein|
|Athletic Director||Elizabeth Driscoll|
|Designated||September 28, 1982|
Marymount was established in 1923 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary. Mother Joseph Butler of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary founded the school in 1923. Marymount students and teams are known as the "Sailors".
Marymount High School is one of nineteen members of the Global Network of RSHM Schools worldwide.
2019 college admissions scandalEdit
The school was implicated in the 2019 college admissions scandal after a school guidance counselor questioned but later affirmed the athletic credentials of former Marymount students Olivia Jade and Isabella Giannulli to University of Southern California (USC) admissions staff.  The affidavit further alleges that the two sisters obtained admission to the USC through fraud. Investigative reporting from USC's Annenberg School also revealed that the USC admissions counselor who worked directly with Marymount High School staff resigned weeks before the federal indictment was filed. Marymount officials have declined to comment on the allegations citing the pending federal investigation.
- "Best Schools in LA - A Review of Marymount High School". Mhs-la.org. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Marymount High School - All-Girls Private School in Los Angeles". Mhs-la.org. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "WASC-Accrediting Commission for Schools". Acswasc.org. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "Explore Marymount High School". Niche. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Department of City Planning. "Designated Historic-Cultural Monuments". City of Los Angeles. Archived from the original on 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Global Network of RSHM Schools". Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- Smith, Laura (March 11, 2019). "Affidavit of Criminal Complaint". U.S. Department of Jutice. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
- Yuan, Kaidi (April 15, 2019). "USC senior assistant director assigned to counsel students from Olivia Jade's high school left the admissions office in February". USC Annenberg Media. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
- Acuna, Christina Austin, Kirsten. "Check Out The Elite Schools Where Celebrities Send Their Kids". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-04-18.