Marymount High School
Marymount High School is an independent, Catholic, all-girls, college-preparatory high school located in the Holmby Hills/Bel Air neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. It sits on Sunset Boulevard across from the University of California, Los Angeles campus at 10643 Sunset Boulevard. The school's main administration building, chapel and auditorium are listed as Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments.
|Marymount High School|
10643 W Sunset Boulevard
Bel Air, Los Angeles
|Motto||That all may have life, and have it to the full|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Mother Marie Joseph Butler RSHM|
|Head of school||Jacqueline L. Landry|
|Average class size||14|
|Student to teacher ratio||8:1|
|Color(s)||Blue and white|
|Slogan||Confident Girls. Ethical Leaders. Global Advocates.|
|Athletics||soccer, track and field, cross country, volleyball, rowing, golf, water polo, swimming.|
|Athletics conference||Mission League (CIF)|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Publication||Sunset Magazine (literary and art magazine)|
|Affiliation||Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary|
|Interim Academic Dean||Julie Whittell|
|Dean of Students||Dawn Regan|
|Director of Admission and Enrollment Management||Patti Lemlein|
|Athletic Director||Elizabeth Driscoll|
|Designated||September 28, 1982|
Marymount was established in 1923 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary. Mother Marie Joseph Butler of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary founded the school. Marymount students and teams are known as the "Sailors".
Marymount High School is one of nineteen members of the Global Network of RSHM Schools worldwide. Marymount's classes have the 8:1 Student-Teacher ratio with the average class size of 14.(https://www.mhs-la.org/). The tagline for the school "educating and empowering young women to live lives of consequence as ethical leaders with a global perspective and unshakable commitment to the common good. (https://www.mhs-la.org/)
- Olivia Jade Giannulli, class of 2018, YouTuber, subject of the 2019 college admissions scandal.
- Mariska Hargitay, class of 1982, actress
- Kim Kardashian, class of 1998, television personality
- Kourtney Kardashian, class of 1997, television personality
- Marlo Thomas, class of 1955, actress, producer, author, and social activist
- Khloe Kardashian, class of 2002, television personality
- "Best Schools in LA - A Review of Marymount High School". Mhs-la.org. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Marymount High School - All-Girls Private School in Los Angeles". Mhs-la.org. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "WASC-Accrediting Commission for Schools". Acswasc.org. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "Explore Marymount High School". Niche. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Department of City Planning. "Designated Historic-Cultural Monuments". City of Los Angeles. Archived from the original on 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "The 40 Most Beautiful High School Campuses in California". Aceable. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- "Mission & History". www.mhs-la.org. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- Tobolski, Chris (2019-09-26). "Durango recap: Strong run for Cathedral Catholic as it sweeps Mercy for title". Volleyballmag.com. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- "Global Network of RSHM Schools". Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- Yuan, Kaidi (April 15, 2019). "USC senior assistant director assigned to counsel students from Olivia Jade's high school left the admissions office in February". USC Annenberg Media. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
- Acuna, Christina Austin, Kirsten. "Check Out The Elite Schools Where Celebrities Send Their Kids". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-04-18.