Mary Beth Walsh
Mary Beth Walsh is the Assembly member for the 112th District of the New York State Assembly. She is a Republican. The district includes portions of Saratoga County, including Ballston Spa, Country Knolls, Galway and Milton as well as portions of Schenectady County including East Glenville and Scotia.
Mary Beth Walsh
|Member of the New York Assembly from the 112th District|
|Assumed office |
January 1, 2017
|Preceded by||Jim Tedisco|
Life and careerEdit
A practicing attorney, Walsh formerly served on the Ballston Town Council, and also served as Saratoga Assistant County Attorney and the Town of Edinburg Attorney. She has also served on various other board and commissions throughout her career.
The mother of six, Walsh and her husband James have a blended family.
New York State AssemblyEdit
In 2016, longtime Assemblyman Jim Tedisco, who had represented the district for thirty four years, decided to run for the New York Senate to replace Hugh Farley, who had served in his seat for forty years. Walsh, seeking the Republican nomination, defeated Jim Fischer in the primary election, 55% to 45%.
She would go on to win the general election against Democrat Michael R. Godlewski by a 62% to 38% margin. Walsh was sworn into office on January 1, 2017.
- "Republican Mary Beth Walsh succeeds Tedisco in Assembly - The Daily Gazette". Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Mary Beth Walsh wins GOP endorsements for Assembly bid - Times Union". Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "2017 New York Legislative Session begins Wednesday". Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "NYS Assembly candidate Mary Beth Walsh wins the endorsement of the conservative party - The Saratoga blog". Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Our Campaigns - NY Assembly 112 - R Primary Race - Sep 13, 2016". Retrieved 2017-01-25.