Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is a privately held independent publishing company founded by its president, Mary Ann Liebert, in 1980. The company publishes peer-reviewed academic journals, books, and trade magazines in the areas of biotechnology, biomedical sciences, medical research, and life sciences; clinical medicine, surgery, and nursing; technology and engineering; environmental science; public health and policy; law, regulation, and education.
|Founder||Mary Ann Liebert|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Larchmont, New York|
|Publication types||Academic journals, books, and trade magazines|
|No. of employees||100 (2000)|
- AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses
- Breastfeeding Medicine (journal)
- Childhood Obesity
- The CRISPR Journal
- DNA and Cell Biology
- Election Law Journal
- Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Journal of Computational Biology
- Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers
- Journal of Neurotrauma
- Journal of Palliative Medicine
- Journal of Women's Health
- LGBT Health
- Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders
- Population Health Management
- Rejuvenation Research
- Surgical Infections
The company's first publication was the Journal of Interferon Research, launched in 1981. Genetic Engineering News was launched the same year, attaining a circulation of 50,000 by 2000. The combined circulation of all titles from the publisher in 2000 was 250,000.
The company's top five publications by revenue as of 2000 were Genetic Engineering News (50,000), Westchester Wag (50,000), Journal of Women's Health and Gender-Based Medicine (5,000), Human Gene Therapy (2,300), and AIDS Research and Human Retrovirus (2,150).
See also edit
- Worley, Dwight R. (23 July 2000). "Genetic Genius". Business. The Journal News. White Plains, New York: Gannett. pp. 1, 2–D. Retrieved 31 July 2018 – via Newspapers.com. Part 2 of the article appears at https://www.newspapers.com/clip/22386499/genetic_genius_part_2/.
- McElroy, Emily; Kubilius, Ramune (2003). "An Interview with Mary Ann Liebert and Tom Mulak" (PDF). Serials Review. 29 (2): 137–143. doi:10.1016/S0098-7913(03)00033-9. S2CID 62532552. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 March 2006.
- "Company Overview of Mary Ann Liebert, Inc". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- Lancaster, Hal (6 August 1995). "Some people are born to be entrepreneurs". Wisconsin State Journal (Reprint from Wall Street Journal). Madison, Wisconsin. p. 1H. Retrieved July 31, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Publication List A - Z". Mary Ann Liebert.
- "Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. | Home". Liebertpub.com. Retrieved 2023-10-02.
- "The CRISPR Journal, a new peer-reviewed publication launching in 2018". EurekAlert!. Retrieved 2018-03-04.