Marwazi(Redirected from Marwazi (disambiguation))
Marwazi or Al-Marwazi is the title of several Persian people who were born in the town of Merv, Greater Khorasan (now in Turkmenistan). "Marwazi" in Persian denotes a person that is from or have connection with city of Merv. People named al-Marwazi include:
- Habash al-Hasib al-Marwazi (d. after 869 in Iraq), Persian astronomer, geographer, and mathematician who described trigonometric ratios
- Abu Tahir Marwazi, 12th-century prominent Persian philosopher from Khwarezmia
- Sharaf al-Zaman al-Marwazi, a physician and author of Nature of Animals
- 'Abdallah ibn Muhammad ibn Yazdad al-Marwazi (died 875), a senior Persian official of the Abbasid Caliphate in the mid-9th century
- Ibn Qutaybah or Abū Muhammad Abd-Allāh ibn Muslim ibn Qutayba al-Dīnawarī al-Marwazī (828–885), Islamic scholar
- Yusuf ibn Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Marwazi, governor of Adharbayjan and Arminiyah for the Abbasid Caliphate
- Al-Mawazin, gates in Jerusalem
- Nisba (onomastics) is used in modern Persian in the form Marvezi (مروزی).
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Marwazi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.