Martin Tillman (born 6 November 1964) is a Swiss cellist and composer.
Tillman was born in Zürich, Switzerland, in 1964. He arrived in the US in 1988. He has since performed/composed on numerous films, television shows, commercials and international tours. While receiving a master's degree in performance from the University of Southern California in 1989, he studied with Lynn Harrell. Tillman lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Eva Tillman.
Tillman wrote the score to the next Morgan Freeman-Clive Owen film Last Knights together with Satnam Ramgotra. He also scored the smartphone app movie Haunting Melissa 2: Dark Hearts and currently doing the score for A Bell For Ursli. For his previous solo composition, "A Year in Zurich" he performed both cello and piano. Preceding collaborative albums include: Eastern Twin (Rounders) and Cinematic Volunteer composed and produced by both Tillman and Tom Vedvik. The Poet, which was composed by Michael Hoppe, cello solos performed by Tillman and Afterglow composed and performed by Michael Hoppe, Tim Wheater, and Tillman.
Michael Mann's movie Ali features some original instrumental songs from his album Eastern Twin. After recording with Hans Zimmer on the Tony Scott movie The Fan, Tillman has composed and performed for scores such as Total Recall, Bullet to the Head, Brave Miss World, Admissions, Super Hybrid, My Father My Lord, Rush, the 84th Academy Awards, Life in a Day, Cowboys & Aliens, The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, Black Hawk Down, The Pledge, An Everlasting Piece, Mission: Impossible 2, Hannibal, The Ring, The Ring Two and others.
He has recorded the album Superhuman and will be touring nationally and internationally .
- Schlittler, Von Flavia (February 5, 2014). "Filmmusik-Star Martin Tillman und seine MS-kranke Frau Eva Das Leben ist ein Geschenk" [Film Music star Martin Tillman and His MS ill wife Eva Life is a Gift]. Blick (in German).
- "Movie Score Media Goes Medieval with LAST KNIGHTS Composed by Martin Tillman and Satnam Ramgotra". Film Score Monthly. April 15, 2015.
- Scheck, Frank. "Last Knights': Film Review The Hollywood Reporter, 25 March 2015 http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/last-knights/review/784052?mobile_redirect=false
- Petaloudis, Greg. "News: 'Dark Hearts: The Secret of Haunting Melissa' " Horror Unlimited, 9 December 2015 http://horrorunlimited.blogspot.com/2014/12/dark-hearts-secret-of-haunting-melissa.html
- Soergel, Brain. "Jazz Reviews: Eastern Twin Martin Tillman" Jazz Times, March 2001 http://jazztimes.com/articles/12019-eastern-twin-martin-tillman
- Stone, Lee. "Afterglow" Innerchangemag.com April/May 2004 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-07-21. Retrieved 2015-04-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Kelly, Keys Anchor 'Ali' Soundtrack Billboard Magazine, 6 November 2001 http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/77832/kelly-keys-anchor-ali-soundtrack
- Gallo, Phil. "Hans Zimmer's Oscar Music Spawns New Album" The Hollywood Reporter, 29 February 2012 http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-music-hans-zimmer-pharrell-williams-esperanza-spalding-295960
- Savage, Mark. "Talking Shop: Hans Zimmer" BBC News, 28 July 2008 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7526033.stm
- Anthon, Von Kaye. "Swiss Makes Music for Batman" Blick, 8 January 2012 http://www.blick.ch/people-tv/kino/cellist-martin-tillman-schweizer-macht-musik-fuer-batman-id1720847.html
- Tillnes, Jorn (January 26, 2015). "Soundtrack Review: The Ring & The Ring Two". Soundtrack Geek.
- Burlingame, Jon (March 24, 2014). "In Person: Narnia, Shrek composer Harry Gregson-Williams Sundance Institute presents workshop series on film scoring". Film Music Society.
- Chinen, Nate (March 27, 2007). "Elton John Celebrates 60, Lavishly in His Garden". The New York Times.