Martin Thörnberg (born August 6, 1983) is a Swedish former professional ice hockey player, formerly with HV71 of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL). He is the son of the retired ice hockey player Ove Thörnberg. He also played briefly in the Kontinental Hockey League with Lokomotiv and HC Lev Praha, joining Lokomotiv after Lev Praha announced they would not continue in the KHL due to financial bankruptcy, on July 2, 2014.
August 6, 1983|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod
HC Lev Praha
Thörnberg announced his retirement after the 2021–22 season, ending his career as HV71's third all-time leading scorer. It was later announced that Thörnberg's jersey number 10 would be retired by the franchise on 5 January 2023.
Awards and honorsEdit
|Le Mat trophy (HV71)||2004, 2008, 2010, 2017|||
|Gentleman of the Year||2017|
- "Martin Thörnberg". Elite Prospects. www.eliteprospects.com. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- "Thornberg moved to Yaroslavl". Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. 2014-07-02. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Martin Thornberg calls time on career" (in Swedish). svenskafans.com. April 4, 2022. Retrieved April 4, 2022.
- "HV71 retires number 10" (in Swedish). HV71. 2 June 2022. Retrieved 2 June 2022.
- "HV71 wins championship" (in Swedish). aftonbladet.se. 2017-04-30. Retrieved 2017-04-30.
Media related to Martin Thörnberg at Wikimedia Commons
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or The Internet Hockey Database