Martin Lindstrom (Lindstrøm) is a Danish author and Time magazine Influential 100 Honoree. Lindstrom's books include Buyology - Truth and Lies About Why We Buy (Doubleday Business, division of Random House) and Brandwashed - Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy (Crown Publications, a division of Random House), his first title written for consumers, for which Lindstrom conducted a $3 million word-of-mouth marketing experiment – inspired by the 2009 film, The Joneses – to study the effects of social influence on purchasing decisions.
|Occupation||Author, Speaker, Marketer|
Lindstrom is a columnist for Fast Company, TIME Magazine and Harvard Business Review and frequently contributes to NBC's Today show. Lindstrom has written seven books on brands and consumer behavior. He is the founding partner and Chairman of the Board of Buyology Inc. and Director of Brand Sense Agency. In 2011, Lindstrom appeared in the Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) movie documentary The Greatest Movie Ever Sold and on America’s Next Top Model. Thinkers50 included him as number 18 on their list of the 2015 top 50 management thinkers in the world.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)|
In Buyology - Truth and Lies About Why We Buy, Lindstrom analyzes what makes people buy in a world which is cluttered with messages like advertisements, slogans, jingle, and celebrity endorsements. Through a study of the human psyche, he discusses the subconscious mind and how it plays a major role in deciding what the buyer will buy. The author claims to have studied the behavior of 2,000 humans for three years.
- Small Data: The Tiny Clues that Uncover Huge Trends (St.Martin's Press, Division of Macmillan Publishers)
- Brandwashed - Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy (Crown Publications, division of Random House).
- Buyology - Truth and Lies About Why We Buy (Doubleday Business, division of Random House).
- BRAND sense - Building Powerful Brands Through Touch, Taste, Smell, Sight & Sound (Free Press, division of Simon & Schuster).
- BRANDchild- Insights into the Minds of Today's Global Kids: Understanding Their Relationship with Brands (Kogan Page).
- Clicks, Bricks & Brands (Kogan Page).
- Brand Building On The Internet (Kogan Page).
- "Time Magazine Influential 100 Honoree". 30 April 2009.
- "New York Times Bestseller List". The New York Times. 16 November 2008.
- Press Release: Brandwashed by Martin Lindstrom
- "Fast Company Author's Profile Page".
- "Author's Today Show Appearances".
- "Martin Lindstrom - Thinkers 50". Thinkers 50. Retrieved 2015-11-22.
- Martin Lindstrom Official
- Random House profile of Buyology