This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||November 28, 1969|
North Delta, British Columbia, Canada
|Education||Graduated from Seaquam Secondary School, North Delta, British Columbia, Canada in 1987|
(m. 1998; div. 2004)
Christine Wallace (m. 2013)
Life and careerEdit
Cummins went to Seaquam Secondary School in the town of North Delta, British Columbia, Canada. He attended the Vancouver Actors Studio where he trained under Mel Tuck, a highly respected pioneer of Canadian theatre. One of his first significant roles was as host of the teen variety series Pilot One on CBC Television.
Cummins guest-starred in a number of American and Canadian television shows before landing the part of Nick Boyle in the MGM series Poltergeist: The Legacy, which was filmed in Vancouver, in the late 1990s. He used the money and resources he gained while working on Poltergeist: The Legacy to fund and staff his own film We All Fall Down, based on the events of his own life after his mother's death.
Cummins' other appearances include the TV series When Calls the Heart, Andromeda, The 4400, Dice, Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, Kyle XY, Smallville, Stargate SG-1, Life As We Know It, Live Once, Die Twice, UnREAL, Omen IV: The Awakening, Devour. In this movie he co-starred with Jensen Ackles from Dark Angel.
Cummins won a Genie Award for Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in 2000 for Love Come Down. In 2011, he began a recurring role as Thomas on the ABC series V. He portrayed Carroll McKane in Gary Sherman's horror thriller film 39: A Film by Carroll McKane. As of 2017, Cummins has been appearing on the series When Calls the Heart and Riverdale.
- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) - Wayne Webber
- Cyberteens in Love (1994) - Kon
- Love Come Down (2000) - Matthew Carter
- We All Fall Down (2000) - Kris
- Liberty Stands Still (2002) - Russell Williams
- Ice Men (2004) - Vaughn
- 39: A Film by Carroll McKane (2006) - Carroll McKane
- Vice (2008) - Agent Arnaud
- Radio Rebel (2012) - Rob Adams
- Mr. Hockey: The Gordie Howe Story (2013) - Bill Dineen
- Down Here (2014) - Tim Brown
- Riverdale (2017) - Sheriff Keller
- Emma Fielding Mysteries (2017) - Tony Markham
- When Calls the Heart (2014 - 2019) - Henry Gowen
- "Pilot One project scaled down by CBC". Vancouver Sun, October 18, 1988.
- Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television official site Archived 2009-01-03 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved February 7, 2008.
- ’39′: The Gary Sherman Movie You’ll Never See