Marshall Cavendish is a subsidiary company of Times Publishing Group, the printing and publishing subsidiary of Singapore-based conglomerate Fraser and Neave (which in turn currently owned by ThaiBev, the beverage company in Thailand), and at present is a publisher of books, business directories and magazines. Marshall Cavendish was established in the United Kingdom in 1968 by Norman Marshall (1921-1975)and Patrick Cavendish (1939-2000). Times Publishing Group acquired it in 1980.
|Parent company||Times Publishing Group|
|Founder||Norman Marshall and Patrick Cavendish|
|Country of origin||Singapore|
In 2011, Amazon Publishing acquired over 450 titles of Marshall Cavendish's US Children's trade books business, Marshall Cavendish Children's Books (MCCB). In 2013, Roger Rosen of Rosen Publishing acquired the Marshall Cavendish's US Children's library books business.
- How It Works (later reprinted and updated by H. S. Stuttman Co., Inc.for the US, titled The Illustrated Science and Invention Encyclopedia)
- Science Spy
- Young Generation (YG)
- Story of Life - published in 105 weekly parts - 1970 - 75 cents per magazine
- History of the Second World War - published in 96 weekly parts - 1973 - 95 cents a magazine
- Murder Casebook - published in 153 weekly parts - 1989
- Great Artists - 96 parts - first published 1985
- Great Composers and Their Music - 63 parts - first published 1985
- Times Past - 102 parts - published 1987
- Man and Woman - 1970 - 1976
- Discovery: Travel back in time and bring the past back to life - (UK) Fortnightly history magazine for older children.
- The Ancestral Trail - (UK) 1992-1994 Fortnightly fantasy/science fiction magazine for children
- Singapore Banking & Financial Services Directory
- Singapore Convention & Exhibition Directory
- Singapore Agri-Food Business Directory
- Directory of Certified Companies in Singapore
- Singapore Biotech Guide
- Singapore MedTech Directory
- Singapore Builders Directory
- Singapore Source Book for Architects, Designers & Building Contractors
- Directory of Singapore Process & Chemicals Industries
- Singapore Specialty Chemicals Guide
- Singapore Electronics Industry Directory
- Singapore Environmental Industry Directory
- Times Business Directory of Singapore
- Singapore Halal Industry Directory
- Singapore Airfreight Directory
- Singapore Maritime Directory
- Singapore Shiprepairing, Shipbuilding & Offshore Industries Directory
- Singapore Sports Guide
Colour Library BooksEdit
The now defunct publisher, Colour Library Books Limited of Surrey, produced at least one title the material of which was listed as copyright of Marshall Cavendish. In The Vicar of Dibley penultimate episode, Geraldine Granger has a copy of the ‘Colour Library Book - Nice & Easy Cookbook’ (1988) next to her chocolate filled Bible.
- ^ "Norman Marshall". geni_family_tree. Retrieved 21 July 2022.
- ^ "Patrick Cavendish". www.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 21 July 2022.
- ^ "Amazon Publishing to Acquire Marshall Cavendish US Children's Books Titles". Business Wire. 6 December 2011.
- ^ "Cavendish Square Buys Library Titles from Marshall Cavendish". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- ^ Great Artists, partworks.co.uk. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- ^ Partworks, publishinghistory.com. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- ^ "COLOUR LIBRARY INTERNATIONAL LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- ^ ISBN 0862835534 'Home Handyman' (Colour Library Books, 1988)