Marni (fashion house)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marni is an Italian fashion house founded in 1994 by Consuelo Castiglioni. It is recognized worldwide for its women's, men's and kid's ready-to-wear and accessories collections.
Francesco Risso has been the brand's creative director since 2016.
Founded in Milan in 1994 by Swiss designer Consuelo Castiglioni, Marni has become internationally renowned for its experimental collections characterized by the use of innovative prints and colours.
In 2000, the company began to expand into key markets, opening numerous stores and consolidating its presence in the most prestigious department stores.
During this period, Marni became an online retailing pioneer with the launch of a virtual store, which, in addition to offering e-commerce, presents the Marni world through sections dedicated to many artistic collaborations and special projects.
In 2012, the company was acquired by Renzo Rosso's OTB group, whose brands include Diesel, Maison Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, Paula Cademartori, Staff International and Brave Kid.
In 2016, Marni appointed Francesco Risso as Creative Director, opening a new chapter in the brand's history.
In 2018, the company appointed Stefano Biondo as its CEO.
Francesco Risso entered the BoF500 list in 2018 as one of the most influential people in the fashion industry.
- Luciano Barbera
- Bottega Veneta
- Luciano Brunelli
- Roberto Cavalli
- Costume National
- Brunello Cucinelli
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Sorelle Fontana
- Gianfranco Ferré
- La Perla
- André Laug
- Loro Piana
- E. Marinella
- Max Mara
- Piana Clerico
- Stefano Ricci
- Marina Rinaldi
- Sermoneta Gloves
- Ermanno Scervino
- Vitale Barberis Canonico
- Pal Zileri
- OTB Group
- Made in Italy
Notes and referencesEdit
- Gonzalez-Rodriguez, Angela (2015-11-23). "Renzo Rosso's OTB Group acquires 100 percent of Marni". fashionunited.uk. Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- Gonzalez-Rodriguez, Angela (2015-11-23). "Renzo Rosso's OTB Group acquires 100 percent of Marni". fashionunited.com. Retrieved 2020-07-22.
- Gay, Danielle (2016-10-24). "Francesco Risso named creative director at Marni". Vogue Australia. Retrieved 2020-07-22.
- "Biondo è il nuovo CEO di Marni". Pambianco News (in Italian). 2018-05-11. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "Francesco Rissois One of the 500 People Shaping the Global Fashion Industry in 2018". The Business of Fashion. Retrieved 2019-01-16.