Marmozets are an English rock band from Bingley, West Yorkshire, England. Formed in 2007, the band consists of Rebecca "Becca" Macintyre (vocals), Jack Bottomley (guitar), Sam Macintyre (guitar/vocals), Will Bottomley (bass/vocals) and Josh Macintyre (drums). Marmozets signed to Roadrunner Records in October 2013 and released their debut album on 29 September 2014. Their second album, Knowing What You Know Now, was released on 26 January 2018.
|Origin||Bingley, West Yorkshire, England|
|Past members||Joe Doherty|
Early years, The Weird and Wonderful Marmozets (2007–2016)Edit
The two sets of siblings formed the band while at school and have been playing live since 2007, gathering widespread acclaim for their chaotic live shows despite an average age of just 18. The band were originally called The Marmozets, and under this name they released one EP titled "Out Of My Control" in 2009. They soon after altered their name to just Marmozets.
They have shared stages with the likes of Young Guns, Funeral For a Friend, Gallows, Hyro Da Hero, The Used, Four Year Strong and Muse and have appeared at Glastonbury Festival, Download Festival, Reading and Leeds, Rock Werchter, Slam Dunk Festival, 2000 Trees and Y Not Festival.
They released their first EP, Passive Aggressive in 2011 and followed that with Vexed in 2012. Gallows' record label Venn Records released Marmozets' first single "Good Days" in 2012. In 2013 the band self-released their second single, "Born Young and Free", before the band signed to Roadrunner Records and released "Move Shake Hide". Both singles received high praise from BBC Radio 1 DJs Zane Lowe, Daniel P Carter and Huw Stephens. The band released the single "Why Do You Hate Me?" on 17 March 2014.
The band was nominated for Best British Newcomer at the 2013 Kerrang! Awards and were voted Best New UK Band by Big Cheese magazine. Along with the singles released so far in the run up to the album, the band have also performed a few other unreleased tracks live that would feature on their debut album. New tracks include "Is It Horrible", "Cover Up", "Hit the Wave", "Particle" and "Vibe Tech". Marmozets embarked on their first headline UK tour in September 2013.
Knowing What You Know Now (2017–present)Edit
Work on the band's second album was delayed when Becca McIntyre was hospitalised after being diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome. McIntyre had to endure several operations and months of recovery before returning to the band.
In January 2017, Sam Macintyre announced via Twitter that the band had completed their second album. The first song from the album, Play, was released in August 2017 and reached the top of the Kerrang! Rock Chart. The song was also used as one of the official themes of the NXT Takeover special, NXT TakeOver: WarGames.
On 10 October, the band released a second single from the album, titled "Habits", which was played on BBC Radio 1 prior to its official digital release. The band also announced details of their new album "Knowing What You Know Now" and made it available to pre-order. On December 11 2017, the band released the third single from their new album titled 'Major System Error'.  The album was released on 26 January 2018.
- Rebecca "Becca" Macintyre – lead vocals
- Jack Bottomley – lead guitar
- Sam Macintyre – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Will Bottomley – bass, backing vocals
- Josh Macintyre – drums
|2014||The Weird and Wonderful Marmozets
|2018||Knowing What You Know Now
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|2009||Out Of My Control
|2013||"Born Young and Free"
|"Move Shake Hide"
|2014||"Why Do You Hate Me?"
|"Major System Error"
- "British Rock Didn't Know How Much It Needed a Frontwoman Until Now". Noisey. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Sunderland Echo - Live Review Marmozets". Sunderlandecho.com.
- "Could mathcore mob Marmozets be the next Slipknot?". Metal Hammer. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- Leeds Music Scene Marmozets formed in 2007, Leeds Music Scene, 21 March 2015
- Freeman, Phil. "Roadrunner Signs Marmozets", Roadrunner Records, 17 October 2013
- "Marmozets Album 2". Marmozets Official Facebook. 10 October 2017.
- "Leeds Music Scene". Leedsmusicscene.net. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Brinnand, Emily. "New Band Up North - Number 22: Marmozets", The Guardian, 8 April 2013
- Bandcamp "Marmozets on Bandcamp", Bandcamp
- Venn Records "Marmozets", Venn Records
- Blabbermouth "MARMOZETS Sign With ROADRUNNER RECORDS", Blabbermouth, 15 October 2013
- Kerrang! "Relentless Kerrang! Awards 2013 - The Nominations" Archived 10 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine, Kerrang!, 8 May 2013
- Roadrunner Records "MARMOZETS // VOTED BEST NEW UK BAND BY BIG CHEESE MAGAZINE!", Roadrunner Records, 10 December 2013
- Kerrang! "Marmozets announce UK headline tour dates" Archived 23 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine, Kerrang!, 25 July 2013
- "Marmozets To Support Muse On Psycho Tour - Kerrang!". Kerrang.com. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- Andrews, Charlotte Richardson (2 February 2018). "Marmozets: 'I learned to walk again. When your body changes, your music changes'". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Marmozets have finished their next record | Upset". Upsetmagazine.com. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- Kerrang! issue 1692, October 2017, page 14
- "Marmozets have dropped a brand new banger 'Habits', and announced details of their second album". Ackroyd, Stephen. Upset Magazine. 11 October 2017.
- "Bingley band to play Albert Hall". Bradford Telegraph and Argus. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "MARMOZETS". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "The Marmozets // Official on PureVolume". Purevolume.com. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Marmozets - Captivate You (Single) - Roadrunner Records UK". Roadrunner Records. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Roadrunner Records UK // Marmozets unleash 'Major System Error'". RoadrunnerRecords.co.uk. Retrieved 24 October 2018.