|Country (sports)||South Africa|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|French Open||2R (1961)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Grand Slam Mixed Doubles results|
|Wimbledon||2R (1960, 1961, 1962)|
In 1962 Gerson won the All England Plate, a competition held at the Wimbledon Championships consisting of players who were defeated in the first or second rounds of the singles competition. Gerson had lost in the first round of the singles event against Kay Dening in straight sets after having qualified for the 1962 Wimbledon Championships at a grass court tournament in Roehampton. At the All England Plate event she won all five rounds in straight sets, including the final against Margaret Hellyer.
Her best singles result at Wimbledon was reaching the third round in 1959 which she lost in straight sets to Rosie Reyes. Partnering Eva Duldig she reached the quarterfinal of the doubles event in 1961 in which they were beaten by the fourth-seeded team of Sally Moore and Lesley Turner.
At the Dutch Open in Hilversum she reached the semifinal of the singles event in 1962 which she lost to compatriot Sandra Price in two sets. Together with Price she won the doubles final against Judy Tegart and Eva de Jongh.
- Archie Henderson (25 June 2012). "Back to Wimbledon - 50 years later". www.timeslive.co.za. The Times.
- "Marlene Gerson (RSA) - Ladies' Singles" (PDF). www.wimbledon.com. AELTC.
- "Wimbledon players archive – Marlene Gerson". www.wimbledon.com. AELTC.
- "De Nederlandse tennistitels". Leeuwarder Courant (in Dutch). 30 July 1962. p. 9 – via Delpher.
- 50 jaar Dutch Open Tennis. Hilversum: Jubileum Commissie Dutch Open Tennis. 2007. pp. 17, 119.
- Marlene Bethlehem (7 July 2009). "Take 2: Who is the king of the courts?". Mail&Guardian.